2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-5-22 02:30:11 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The Bears are counting on an improved defense to get them back to the playoffs for just the second time since the 2006 team's Super Bowl run. They rebuilt a unit that ranked among the worst in franchise history last season, adding five-time Pro Bowl defensive end Jared Allen along with defensive end Lamarr Houston.
LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) — When Chicago Bears linebacker Lance Briggs asked coach Marc Trestman for a personal day this week,Cheap NFL Football Jerseys, he left out a detail — it was to attend the grand opening of his barbecue restaurant.
The defense underwhelmed in the preseason and is still trying to come together.
He didn't mention it afterward, either.
Briggs' restaurant-related absence with the opener approaching only added to the angst.
But the optimism that surrounded the Bears at the start of training camp is somewhat tempered.
Briggs raised a few more eyebrows with that revelation while being grilled by reporters Wednesday.
"I asked (Trestman) for a personal day, he said OK," Briggs said. "I guess my announcing the opening of my restaurant made bigger news than we kind of expected. It is what it is. Right now we're on Wednesday preparing for the Buffalo Bills."

"I poured my heart out on the field every game and every play," Briggs said. "I think if you're questioning whether I care more to be there than to be here,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys, my history has always spoken for me. You can take that how you want to."
They're healthier after being hit hard by injuries last season,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, with defensive tackle D.J. Williams and cornerback Charles Tillman healed after missing big portions of last season along with Briggs.
Even so, that raised questions about his commitment to the Bears.
His comments Wednesday added some more heat.
"The cohesiveness ... we can all gel this week and be sharp and play shutdown defense,Cheap NFL Jerseys Stitched," Briggs said. "But this is the NFL and they get paid too. In this game there are going to be some mistakes,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys, but you have to make up for those mistakes with getting to the ball, getting a lot of guys around the ball and creating turnovers and stuff like that."
Asked if too much is being made of this, Briggs said, "That's my opinion. Everybody is entitled to their own."
Trestman would not say if he would have granted Briggs the day off had he known the reason,Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic.
He said "no" after someone asked if he told Trestman the day off was for the opening of the restaurant he part-owns.
Had the opening occurred on an off day, this probably would be a non-issue. But Briggs said his partner chose Monday because it was Labor Day, when many people are not working. And the seven-time Pro Bowl linebacker was there posing for pictures with fans and signing autographs on a day when his team was practicing, albeit on a limited basis.
He also said he didn't tell his coach later and they haven't discussed it since.
"There's been a lot of different reasons of why players have asked for personal time," Trestman said. "I just don't feel I should have to comment on that because now you've set a baseline for each and every situation. It's not just all about the player; it's about the best interest of the team."
He pointed out that Monday was a light practice and that the Bears don't start installing their game plan until Wednesday. He also mentioned that the Bears have often gotten Mondays off following victories.
With the season opening this week he found himself at the center of attention for missing practice to be at the opening of his barbecue restaurant near his hometown of Sacramento, California.
Briggs' accomplishments are hard to argue, and they're counting on him after he missed a big chunk of last season with a broken left shoulder.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 20:53 , Processed in 0.065609 second(s), 26 queries .