2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-5-22 20:46:18 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"I was excited about helping him kind of take that next step,NFL Jerseys From China, help him continue to play good football,Cheap NFL Jerseys Stitched," McCown said. "I was ready to do that. He was ready for that to happen in his career and excited about that. So I just think it was a perfect mix of guys who had opportunity to do things they were passionate about."
While much of the focus has been on Buccaneers coach Lovie Smith returning to Soldier Field, there will also be a reunion of sorts between the starting quarterbacks.
The former Notre Dame star signed with the Bears in June and needed time to adjust, to learn the system. He had to earn a spot, too.
Cutler is having an up-and-down season. The offense isn't clicking the way the Bears hoped,Jerseys Wholesale, and at 4-6, Chicago will likely miss the playoffs for the seventh time in eight years.
McCown played in eight games last season and filled in when Cutler was nursing groin and ankle injuries, leading the Bears to a 3-2 record in five starts. He threw for 13 touchdowns with just one interception and posted a 109 QB rating.
Cutler said he tries to do for Clausen what McCown did for him — be patient, encourage him.
He is second in the league with 12 interceptions and has five lost fumbles.
"I think he's kind of graduated into helping me with coverages, with certain plays, tweaking things," Cutler said. "He's always trying to push the envelope, change things and tweak things around, which I think's been great for us."
He was a steadying force for Cutler during games and someone he could lean on during the week as he learned Trestman's system. McCown made a big mark through his professionalism.
"I think they certainly had a relationship that was impactful during the course of the year,NHL Jerseys Authentic," Trestman said.
He sees a similar chemistry developing with Jimmy Clausen, but it's taking time.
Cutler and McCown helped the Bears set the franchise record for yards and finish second in team history in scoring last season — Chicago's first under coach Marc Trestman.
Who knows how different things would be for the Bears if Cutler and McCown were still together? But it is clear they had a good thing going.
McCown missed five games after injuring his thumb on his throwing hand. He also had to adjust to losing offensive coordinator Jeff Tedford, who is on indefinite leave after having surgery in August,Cheap Stitched Jerseys, and the Buccaneers are just 2-8.
They will be on opposite sidelines Sunday when the Bears host the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in a matchup between struggling teams.
NOTES: WRs Brandon Marshall (ankle) and Alshon Jeffery (hamstring) were limited in practice Thursday after sitting out the previous day. RT Jordan Mills (ribs) and OL Eben Britton (illness) were also limited, while CB Demontre Hurst (knee),Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Outlet, DE Trevor Scott (knee), WR Chris Williams (hamstring) and LB Darryl Sharpton (hamstring) sat out. DE Jared Allen did not practice, although his absence was not injury related.
LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) — When Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler needed a helping hand last season he knew he could rely on his backup.
Both quarterbacks got new contracts, with Cutler signing a seven-year deal that guarantees $54 million and McCown going to Tampa Bay for two years and $10 million, but the transitions this season have not been smooth for either player or team.
"Josh is probably good for a lot of people," Cutler said. "I think you could probably pair him with most of the people in this room and he'd find a way to help make you better. He's not going to make you worse, I know that. He's just one of those kinds of people. So I know he's doing good things for that quarterback room in Tampa just like he did for us."
Cutler finished with a personal-best 89.2 rating last season, and he is on pace to break that. His completion rate this year is a career-high 67 percent, but as good as that looks, he is committing untimely turnovers.
He had that synergy, that connection, with Josh McCown.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 22:29 , Processed in 0.068622 second(s), 26 queries .