2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-5-25 02:18:08 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Arrowhead Stadium, which was packed to the brim in red-clad Chiefs fans, is just a short walk from Kauffman Stadium, which will surely be packed with blue when the Royals end a 29-year playoff drought against the Oakland Athletics in the AL wild-card game.
"My ears are still ringing," Chiefs coach Andy Reid said with a smile.

Jamaal Charles returned from an ankle injury to score three touchdowns, Alex Smith threw for 248 yards and three scores, and the Chiefs routed the Patriots 41-14 on Monday night, getting the sports week off to a smashing start in Kansas City with the Royals preparing to open the baseball playoffs on Tuesday.
Here are a few of the reasons why the Patriots were thumped so soundly:
Several members of the Royals even showed up for the Chiefs-Patriots game, including starting pitcher James Shields, drawing huge roars when they were shown on the big screens. And some of the Chiefs said they were thinking about returning the favor, including wide receiver Dwayne Bowe.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Perhaps the Kansas City Chiefs gave their neighbors across the parking lot a little bit of inspiration with their impassioned performance against New England.
"We just never got anything going. Nothing," Patriots defensive tackle Vince Wilfork said. "They just executed. They executed perfectly. We were always out of the game, it seemed."
"It was just a bad performance by everybody," Brady said. "We need to make sure we never have this feeling again. We've got to figure out what we have to do better."
TENSE MOMENT: Charles briefly went to the locker room after stumbling into the end zone on his third touchdown of the game. He appeared to grab his hamstring, and Reid said that he received an IV, indicating that he might have been cramping. "I feel sore,Cheap Basketball Jerseys," Charles admitted afterward.
Regardless,Wholesale Jerseys From China, the Chiefs will be able to spend Tuesday in a celebratory mood.
GAROPPOLO PLAYS: Rookie quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo got into the game in the fourth quarter for New England, when the outcome was already decided. He was 6 of 7 for 70 yards with a touchdown. "I am a relief pitcher,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, pretty much," he said, "so that is my job."
The Chiefs forced the Patriots to air it out by stuffing Shane Vereen and Stevan Ridley. And when Brady dropped back,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys, their front seven ran roughshod over New England's suspect offensive line.
"To have back-to-back events like this, Monday night football and a home playoff game, yeah, it's special," Smith said. "Right next door to each other."
BRADY'S STRUGGLES: Brady is completing just 59 percent of his passes through his first four games, his worst rate since becoming the Patriots' starter in 2001. He is also averaging less than 200 yards passing per game. "I wouldn't say we've had a very productive four games to start,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, but hopefully we can learn from it and understand the things that we're doing wrong," he said. "There's nobody going to dig us out of the hole. We've kind of created it for ourselves and we're going to have to look each other in the eye and see what kind of commitment we're willing to make."
They held the Patriots' Tom Brady to 159 yards passing and a touchdown, picking him off twice and returning one for a touchdown. Brady was also strip-sacked by Tamba Hali to set up a Chiefs field goal, capping off a miserable night for the two-time NFL MVP.
It hardly helped the Patriots offense that it was trying to operate on the same night Chiefs fans were trying to reclaim the record for loudest outdoor sports venue. The record was set in the first half, when Guinness World Records noted a noise level of 142.2 decibels — breaking the mark of 137.6 that Seattle Seahawks fans set last season.
Kansas City had 303 yards of offense by halftime, the most against any Belichick-coached team in the first half of a game. That includes his years coaching in Cleveland.
KELCE STARS: Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce, who is quickly becoming one of Smith's favorite targets, had eight catches for 93 yards and a touchdown. "We know what we can do on our offense and our defense,Cheap Jerseys For Sale," Kelce said. "Our defense got a lot of turnovers today, and that was awesome to see."
RUN, RUN, RUN: Charles looked just fine on his sprained right ankle, running for 92 yards. He was spelled by Knile Davis, who added 107 yards on 16 carries. "We kept each other fresh," Davis said. "When he went in, he did his thing. When I went in, I did my thing."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 01:58 , Processed in 0.070934 second(s), 26 queries .