10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-1-6 07:01:52 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
–    had secretly recorded Sen. Sampson, other elected colleagues for FBIA 74-year-old former State Senator who secretly recorded her elected colleagues for the FBI was sentenced yesterday to a year and a day in prison for looting a taxpayer-funded charity she controlled.Ex-Sen. Shirley Huntley (D-Queens) pleaded for mercy before Brooklyn Federal Judge Jack Weinstein imposed his sentence.In an even-tempered voice,Christian Folin Jersey, Huntley faced the judge and said: “I am requesting that you give me another chance. I vow to spend my remaining years to redeem myself in the eyes of those I have embarrassed.”Ex-Sen. Shirley HuntleyWeinstein said he was required to give her jail time “because the law expects the highest honesty from elected officials.”The sentence was less than the 18-month minimum under federal sentencing guidelines, and with time off for good behaviour she could be out by February.Huntley has emerged as a central figure in a growing investigation of political corruption that’s so far resulted in two arrests and the revelation that five other legislators are currently under the FBI’s microscope.Last summer when the FBI confronted Huntley with allegations of wrongdoing,Cam Atkinson Jersey, she agreed to cooperate and told them she knew of ongoing acts of political corruption.The FBI suggested she invite a parade of seven elected officials and two political aides to her Jamaica,Ales Hemsky Jersey, Queens,Seth Jones Team North America Jersey, home where they could record the discourse.The list of politicians caught on tape in those chats included Sens. Malcolm Smith (D-Queens) and John Sampson (D-Brooklyn),Clark Griswold Jersey, both of whom were arrested in the last six weeks.Huntley’s cooperation followed her admission that she embezzled $87,700 from a Queens non-profit that was supposed to help parents of public school students. The charity, Parents Information Network, was funded with tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars sponsored by Huntley.She also admitted taking $1,000 from an unnamed businessman after lobbying the Port Authority to expand his lease at JFK International Airport. She agreed to repay the money as part of her deal.Court papers and sources say Sampson asked Huntley to “use her official influence” to help the businessman expand his lease.Sampson was arrested Monday in an unrelated matter, charged with embezzling $440,000 from escrow accounts he oversaw as a court-appointed referee in foreclosure sales. Prosecutors say he used that money to fund a failed bid for Brooklyn district attorney in 2005.Yesterday Brooklyn Federal Judge Dora Irizarry – the judge assigned to Sampson’s case – sat in to observe Huntley’s sentencing.Huntley’s three months of recording politicians produced “evidence useful to law enforcement” against three elected officials they declined to name. Sources say one was Sampson.Yet she failed to win a cooperation agreement from Brooklyn U.S. Attorney Loretta Lynch that could have lightened her sentence.That’s because Lynch’s prosecutors felt that during the investigation, Huntley gave “false,Erik Gustafsson Jersey, implausible and inconsistent” answers to their questions, undermining her credibility as a witness.In court, Huntley’s attorney,Niklas Hjalmarsson Jersey, Sally Butler, claimed Huntley went to the FBI while she was already under investigation by state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman.Butler said Huntley told the FBI “about corruption involving” Schneiderman, although she did not elaborate. She also claimed Huntley told Brooklyn federal prosecutors that there was a mole in their office leaking law enforcement secrets.Samuel Noel,Jason Pominville Jersey, a paralegal in that office, has been charged with leaking secrets to his high school pal,Brett Hull Jersey, Sen. Sampson. He was fired and is now cooperating with the FBI.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 20:23 , Processed in 0.074491 second(s), 28 queries .