2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-5-27 03:30:25 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Mathis passed his physical, signed his contract, donned his familiar No. 69 jersey and a black baseball cap and watched Wednesday's joint practice with the San Francisco 49ers from the sideline.
At 33,Cheap Jerseys Store, Mathis is the oldest O-lineman in Denver, but he figures after missing training camp, he'll bring fresh legs to the mix.
A two-time Pro Bowler in Philadelphia, Mathis is well-versed in the zone blocking system that the new coaching staff is reinstalling in Denver. But he insisted it "wasn't that high on the list."
"I'm looking forward to working with him."
"We're not just going to throw him out here right now," coach Gary Kubiak said, detailing a plan to bring him up to speed slowly.
"Speed,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, experience, you want all of those things on your football team," said Peyton Manning, who now has a pair of All-Pro guards anchoring the line as he tries to become the first 39-year-old QB to win a Super Bowl. "But it's always good to have a little mix. I think he'll be a really good addition.
He'll bring that savvy sooner than he'll replace rookie guard Max Garcia.
Kubiak said Mathis, who's been working out at his own gym in Arizona, will do individual work Thursday and won't play this weekend. The goal, he said,Sale NFL Jerseys, is to have him ready to go by the season opener Sept. 13.
"Training camp,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, a lot of guys fight to maintain strength. Your body might take a few steps back banging on each other," he said. "For me, I've just been working really hard, haven't been running into walls or anything in my free time."
Once Mathis supplants him, Garcia will swing between guard and tackle.
"He brings a lot of experience to a group that doesn't have a lot of experience,Cheap Jerseys From China," Kubiak said. "When an 11-year player walks into the room, obviously all the young guys know him. So, it's a great addition. A lot of teams were chasing him. We're just very fortunate that he chose us."
"We have a lot of confidence in Max," Kubiak said. "Max has done a great job. I talked to Max first thing yesterday and explained to him that it wasn't about anything he's done. It's about us having a chance to get a great player and improve our football team. ...  We just got stronger on the front."
He said the Broncos "explained the situation: a young offensive line that could do well with some more veteran leadership and experience. And I feel like I'll be able to bring that."
Mathis originally was seeking $5.5 million, the same salary he was set to make with the Eagles before he was swept up in Chip Kelly's offseason purge. He drew interest from several teams and even visited the Seahawks before jumping at the Broncos' offer.

No matter, the arrival of Mathis immediately bolsters an O-line that featured three NFL novices alongside anchor Louis Vasquez and journeyman Ryan Harris.
Way ahead of scheme, he said,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, was "the opportunity to play for a contender of an organization (and) block for a guy like Peyton Manning."
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — The signing of two-time Pro Bowl guard Evan Mathis turns Denver's most glaring question mark into one of its strengths.
After signing a one-year, $2.5 million contract that could be worth up to $4 million, Mathis worked with strength coach Rich Tuten before watching the workout while standing next to the old No. 69, Mark Schlereth.
So, Garcia will continue to play left guard for the time being, working in between fellow rookie Ty Sambrailo and second-year center Matt Paradis, who spent all of his first season on the practice squad.
"Very enticing opportunity," Mathis said. "There were just so many things about this team, the organization, the coaching staff that I just couldn't turn it down. I had to be here."
So is coach Gary Kubiak.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-6-1 19:37 , Processed in 0.062950 second(s), 26 queries .