主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-5-27 12:16:41 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The Kansas City Chiefs will head into training camp next month with just as many questions as they had in their first season under Andy Reid.
But hamstrung by the salary cap, the Chiefs were forced to let several starters depart in free agency, and then waived Flowers last week to free up additional space. As a result, there were just 16 players on the roster — which stood at 88 on Thursday — who were also on the team two years ago, when Reid and general manager John Dorsey first moved to town.
None of them seem to perturb Reid, who professed his pleasure Thursday with the Chiefs' offseason program that ended with the final day of a mandatory three-day minicamp.
"We're ahead of that, just the natural progression, and that's a good feeling,Jerseys NFL China," Reid said. "We were able to add some more to our packages, guys weren't shocked by it. Last year, every day was a new day,China NFL Jerseys, and so it was a heavy workload plus the mental part of that, the new scheme."

— Houston could be subjected to a hefty fine for missing minicamp, and the fines would increase if he holds out of training camp. The talented pass rusher is entering the final year of his current contract and the Chiefs have expressed interest in a long-term deal, though it's unclear where those negotiations stand. Houston is due to make about $1.4 million this season.
Again,Authentic Jerseys China, Reid sees no cause for alarm. He believes the Chiefs are well ahead of where a year ago, when Alex Smith was a newcomer and veterans such as Jamaal Charles were learning the system.
Still, there are those lingering questions:
The same goes for defensive tackle, where Tyson Jackson's departure has left a void.
"I was happy, happy with performance throughout the offseason program. Thought the guys came in good shape and they built off last season,Cheap China Jerseys," Reid said. "We've got a lot of work to do. The guys understand that. They're wired that way. They don't shy away from work."
— Three players who started along the offensive line all signed elsewhere on the first day of free agency, including Pro Bowl left tackle Branden Albert. The Chiefs drafted his replacement last year in Eric Fisher, who has been recovering from a shoulder injury, and added a few bodies through free agency and the draft. But starting right guard and backup jobs are up for grabs.
"I always think I'm going to be able to compete for that spot," Parker said, "but with the present opportunity today,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys, I'm just doing whatever the coaches are asking me to do. Whatever they're asking me to do, I just try to do it to the best of my abilities."
— The departure of Flowers leaves an opening at cornerback,Cheap NFL Jerseys, where starter Sean Smith also has missed time with an illness. Marcus Cooper and Ron Parker are both in the mix, while rookie Phillip Gaines has the kind of size that Dorsey tends to favor in defensive backs.
Who will replace Brandon Flowers at cornerback? When will Pro Bowl linebacker Justin Houston finally show up? Will quarterback Alex Smith land a long-term contract? Who will earn the open spots along the offensive line? And for that matter, the defensive line?
— The Chiefs and Smith's representatives have been negotiating a long-term contract for weeks, and both sides have been optimistic that the details will be worked out. But whether that happens before the season or in the weeks before he becomes a free agent remains to be seen.
The Chiefs carried a whole bunch of unknowns into training camp in St. Joseph, Missouri, last year, when Reid was brought on to turn around the fortunes of a two-win team. He managed to do it, too, leading the once-proud franchise to an 11-win season and the playoffs.
"From a coaching standpoint we've been able to get as much a picture as we could without pads on," Reid said. "I think the guys are tired of this here. They want to get the pads on. We've done all the shorts stuff we can do. Now we need to take it up a notch."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 00:18 , Processed in 0.081968 second(s), 25 queries .