2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-5-31 01:17:59 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Before last week, Hill was last seen throwing an interception off one leg near the end of the first half that led to a Vikings touchdown in the opening 34-6 loss.
"He's won games before, and he's the ideal veteran backup that come in without a lot of preparation," Fisher said. "I think you saw what he was capable of doing last week."
"That's the Shaun Hill that we expected to see," coach Jeff Fisher said. "We're going to ride him now."
ST,2018 World Cup Russia Jerseys. LOUIS (AP) — Cobwebs surrounded Shaun Hill before he finally got a chance to show his stuff in the NFL. The St. Louis Rams quarterback knows all about patience.
Circumstances weren't ideal,Blank Arsenal Jersey UK. He went into that start with a broken right index finger that would require surgery.
Hill totaled 16 starts in three seasons with San Francisco and got 10 more in Detroit in 2010 and for his career has 42 TD passes with 24 interceptions. The Rams hadn't forgotten that production when they needed a backup behind Sam Bradford.
Carrying a clipboard for eight games was nothing compared with Hill's long-delayed debut. He was an unused second- or third-stringer for his first five seasons with Minnesota and San Francisco before getting his first NFL start in late in 2007 with the 49ers after injuries to Alex Smith and Trent Dilfer.
When the Rams (4-6) ended Austin Davis' eight-game run and turned back to the old-timer, Hill had long since recovered from a thigh injury. He made no waves while waiting,NCAA Football Jerseys, a valued trait for any backup in any sport, then came in with no evidence of rust.
So, it won't go to his head.
"I came over to the sidelines and told the guys, 'Look, I understand you're supposed to act like you've been there before but it's been a long time," Hill said.
"I think I'm probably best in that role, not exactly comfortable. I'm being honest."
The Rams anticipate more pressure defense this week at San Diego than the Broncos brought. Hill said the Chargers' scheme is similar to teams they faced earlier when he was watching closely.
He confessed to celebrating like a rookie after burning the Broncos secondary with a 63-yard touchdown pass to Kenny Britt. Hill was 20 for 29 for 220 yards with a passer rating of 102.7.
The Rams practiced indoors due of high winds. Fisher backed off players midway, directing what essentially was a walkthrough, and nine players did not participate including tight end Jared Cook (back), guard Davin Joseph (general soreness) and middle linebacker James Laurinaitis (foot).
Hill did enough in his debut to beat the Bengals and won his next start, too, against the Buccaneers,Brian Campbell Jersey, and in those games had four TD passes and one interception. He was 5-3 the next season with the 49ers.
"So, yeah, I did get a little excited that time. Most of the time I stay relatively even-keel but touchdowns are just fun."
The 34-year-old Hill earned his first victory since 2010 last week with a turnover-free outing against the Broncos,Adam Joseph Duhe Dolphins Jersey, and is set to make his second straight start Sunday at San Diego. The last time he did that was four years ago when during a long-term gig with Detroit subbing for injured Matthew Stafford.
"I couldn't throw a ball over 30 yards, hadn't taken an NFL snap other than two kneel-downs," Hill said. "I had to come in and perform. If I was going to be rusty, that was the time."
Fisher anticipated many on the list to be on the field Thursday.
"Comfortable?" Hill said after practice Wednesday. "Comfortable is not something I've had the luxury of having in the NFL,Alexis Sanchez Arsenal Jersey UK, that's just kind of how my career has gone.
"We've got to make it tough on him," Chargers safety Eric Weddle said. "He's definitely capable. You put a good team around him and he can hurt you."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-6-7 07:39 , Processed in 0.080969 second(s), 28 queries .