2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-6-7 02:49:41 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
NOTES: Coach Bill Belichick would like the draft restored to late April so players chosen would have more time to prepare. It was held this year from May 8-10. "That couple weeks there is time that was lost from when players could start preparing for their new team," he said. "It's not my decision, but I would vote for an earlier draft, absolutely." ... The Patriots signed rookie free agent DL Seali'i Epenesa of UCLA.
"The pace of pro practices is very fast," Garoppolo said after the first day of the Patriots three-day mandatory minicamp. "I kind of expected that. There is a transition from the college to the NFL game. It's something you have to get used to and great athletes do."
"Each day is different and you have to be consistently good, not occasionally great," he said Tuesday. "You have to come out here and do your best every single day and let the coaches see what you can do."
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — Forget all the talk of Jimmy Garoppolo being the heir apparent to Tom Brady.
Now he must make the jump from the second level of college football after being taken with the 62nd pick,Jerseys NFL Wholesale.
And Tuesday's practice was just a small part of his day.
"He shocked me, man,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping," running back Stevan Ridley said. "He came in and he was confident. And he's a rookie, though. Everybody's going to make mistakes, but he's been quiet and he's been working hard. He's really leading that rookie class coming in.
The Patriots drafted Garoppolo in the second round, four rounds earlier than they chose Brady in 2000. As a senior at Eastern Illinois last year, Garoppolo threw for 53 touchdowns and nine interceptions and won the Walter Payton Award as the best player in the Football Championship Subdivision.
"Guys look to him as a coach on the field and that's what you want in a quarterback," Garoppolo said. "So just watching and learning what he does, not so much what he tells me but just watching his mannerisms and everything,Jerseys From China, I've learned a lot."
The New England Patriots rookie quarterback is more concerned with preparing for the next practice, film session and team meeting.
"I didn't know too much about him but as I watched him, I liked him the more I watched him."
"You can't really focus on it," Garoppolo said. "If you focus on that, you're focusing on the wrong thing. So my main focus is coming out here and just being very consistent day in and day out. It's a grind."
"It was a good read,Cheap Jerseys From China," Garoppolo said. "You see the safeties rotate and you get your eyes in the right place."
During an 11-on-11 drill Tuesday, Garoppolo threw a long completion down the right sideline to wide receiver Jeremy Johnson, a rookie who signed as a free agent last Thursday.
At Eastern Illinois, his 118 touchdown passes broke the Ohio Valley Conference and school record of 85 set by Tony Romo. Last season, he led his team to a 12-2 record and an average of 48.2 points and 589.5 points per game.
But now he's a rookie working hard to learn the pro game.
Brady's previous backup was Brian Hoyer, who threw only 43 passes in three seasons after signing with the Patriots as an undrafted rookie in 2009. And from 2005-07, seventh-round pick Matt Cassel threw 39 passes after being drafted in the seventh round. The next year,Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys, he threw 516 passes after Brady suffered a season-ending knee injury in the season opener.
"It's not close to being over," he said with a laugh as he headed inside Gillette Stadium for more studying.

During organized team activities the past three weeks,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, Garoppolo's poise was evident.
Besides, Brady wants to play as long as possible as he enters his 15th season.
So, barring an injury to Brady, chances are Garoppolo won't play much.
That's what Garoppolo is doing.
Mallett has thrown just four passes in three seasons since New England drafted him in the third round in 2011.
How quickly he makes that transition could affect Ryan Mallett's status as the Patriots No. 2 quarterback.
Meanwhile, he's learning from one of the NFL's best quarterbacks.
So he's not thinking about being Brady's successor.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 06:45 , Processed in 0.069346 second(s), 28 queries .