2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-6-7 06:11:11 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Through it all, Landry has been a constant in Ryan's secondary,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, even when it appeared his job could be in jeopardy this offseason.
When the Jets drafted Pryor in the first round in May, some speculated that Landry could be on the way out.
"I was just thinking, 'Man,Cheap NFL Jerseys, we were having a good game and I was having a real good game on tackles,'" Landry recalled after practice in the New York Jets' locker room Friday.
He's not nearly as flashy as his younger brother LaRon, whom he replaced in New York and is known for bone-rattling hits and having a pet monkey named Mr. Gucci.
Landry was in Pryor's shoes once, a wide-eyed rookie looking to make an impact. He was a fifth-round pick by Baltimore in 2006 out of Georgia Tech, and impressed enough to earn a starting spot on a defense that included playmakers such as Ray Lewis and Ed Reed.
"It was just unfortunate. I was just lying there and thinking, 'Well, if this is what it's going to be, and this is what God's plan is, I'm going to have to embrace it.'
He returned in 2009, and started every game for the Ravens that season. In fact, Landry has started every game since — 81 consecutive — including two seasons in Jacksonville and last year with the Jets and the season opener last Sunday against Oakland.
Lewis and Reed helped make him better on the field, and in the locker room and film room.
A few cornerbacks were injured, including Dee Milliner, and another projected starter — Dimitri Patterson — was cut after being suspended for leaving the team for 48 hours without permission. Safety Antonio Allen has been playing cornerback, and rookie Calvin Pryor is learning life in the NFL as a safety.
"Anything I can do to help my team win, that's just my motto."
"Since Day 1, he's one of the main guys who took me under his wing and just showed me the ropes of how to be a professional and how to play the safety position,NFL Jerseys Outlet," Pryor said. "He's definitely been a big help since I stepped through the door."
"I try not to get caught up in stats or anything like that," said Landry, who had the Jets' first sack of the season last week. "I don't get involved in the Pro Bowl voting, thinking this guy did this or that guy did that. I can only play my game and be myself.
The 31-year-old Landry is the glue in the Jets' otherwise turbulent secondary. He's known to his teammates as "The Mentor," the player the other defensive backs look to when they need some help. And the Jets have needed plenty during the past several weeks.
Landry suffered a spinal cord concussion, an injury that ended his season and required fusion surgery in the offseason. There were initial doubts, Landry acknowledged,Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale, that he'd ever get back on the football field.
Landry regained feeling in his extremities after about 15 excruciating minutes — and he was carted off the field after his facemask was screwed off and his head immobilized, his career in jeopardy.
And then, he felt nothing.
"It's just a blessing that the game has come full circle for me in that regard," Landry said.
"I always looked up to Ray Lewis, even when I was in college," Landry said. "To get drafted by Baltimore, for me that was like getting to play with Michael Jordan each and every day."
Face down on the ground during the second quarter of the second game of the season against the Cleveland Browns in 2008, the then-Baltimore Ravens safety couldn't move his legs. Or his arms. Or anything else.
Dawan is a mellow, understated guy who has been, in some of his teammates' estimation, underrated throughout his career.
"That was a devastating injury, certainly," said Jets coach Rex Ryan, then the Ravens' defensive coordinator. "To look back on it and to realize now that this young man's playing and there's no signs of the injury, he's never tempered his play one bit and it's just amazing. But that was a scary injury."
"I was having pain and tingling and things like that, but once I had the surgery, everything went away," he said. "That's when I knew it was time to get back to work."
Landry is still playing nearly every snap — and even playing special teams.
Not so fast.
"You can definitely tell they're both Landrys from the work they put in," Bush said, "but they're so different personality wise."
"The best way I can describe him is like he's a robot, in a good way," fellow safety Josh Bush said. "You know what he can do. He's going to do the same thing every day at the same level,China Jerseys, every single game, every single practice."
No Pro Bowls. No headlines,China NFL Jerseys. No big endorsements.
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — Dawan Landry remembers the hit, when his head collided with Jamal Lewis' knee.

"Fortunately, it wasn't."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 12:50 , Processed in 0.069920 second(s), 26 queries .