2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-6-15 02:43:14 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
They've been following strict programs designed to help them get stronger, run faster and jump higher in anticipation of getting poked and prodded, measured and treasured.
For a combine invitee, the cost can run into the tens of thousands of dollars.
"I'll talk to the agents and from the agents' perspective, I'll say, 'What are the scouts telling you that they want to see from your player? Do they want to see them heavier, lighter?" Landow said. "At the end of the day, I don't think you ever go wrong in providing a little bit more mobility, flexibility to an athlete and getting them stronger. More explosive is always the key in this short window so they can really show their best  in all their 'measureables.'"
"I know with housing and food and all that it ends up being like 10, 20 grand that my agent's dropping just in these few months up to the combine. So, it's a lot," said Roullier, who's out to ensure this week that the training pays big dividends.
"Whereas your strength coach in college used to let you do it over and over until you got your best time, now that's not the case when you're being evaluated in a time crunch," Landow said. "They're going to give you one opportunity and it's all about how well you perform at that moment with high levels of stress and some fatigue on you."
"The hardest thing for these kids to really understand when they get to the combine and the pro day is they get one shot at all these drills," said Loren Landow , who trained Stanford star Christian McCaffrey among more than two dozen NFL hopefuls at Landow Performance in suburban Denver over the last two months.
That's been the formula ever since Mike Mamula absolutely killed it at the 1995 combine and rocketed into the first round, where the Philadelphia Eagles traded the 12th overall pick and two second-round selections to Tampa Bay so they could move up five spots and get the Boston College defensive end at No. 7.
These players have all undergone mock combines,China Jerseys Wholesale, too, where they put all their training together for dry runs to give them a taste of what this week will bring.
They pretty much follow the same basic program because they'll be doing the same tests at the combine,Cheap Jerseys. Cheap Jerseys Online But the training is also personalized by position.
This training isn't cheap. It can cost tens of thousands of dollars, although the pricing structure changes for draft wannabes and sure bets.
Now everybody targets this week in Indy like Mamula did all those years ago.
"I feel like it's definitely getting us ready for the combine as far as all the guys we're competing against each other," said Air Force receiver Jalen Robinette , who led the nation in yards per catch in 2016. "Because it's a real big interview/competition there at the combine. And being able to break down the drills and mentally be practicing everything,Jerseys NFL China, it's awesome.  Literally every day I hear new stuff about the combine that they teach me here.

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The 330 players arriving at the league's annual combine have been preparing for this week's "Underwear Olympics" like a prize fighter gets ready for his big night, pumping iron and cutting carbs.
That's why they've been training with such single-minded focus since their bowl games.
"Preparation is everything."
Mamula was among the first players to train specifically for the tests he'd face at the combine: the 40-yard dash, the three-cone drill that measures agility and the 225-pound bench press.
"I think it makes the hugest difference," Roullier said. "If I were to go in there and do this stuff cold, I mean, I'd have an idea of what I'd be doing because it's all stuff that I've done in the past. But my technique would be just awful,Cheap NFL Jerseys, you know, it's just all these little things that you need to change and I'm able to get coached up on all of them. It's just continuing to improve those little things and it makes a huge difference in the numbers."
"It's a lot of just trying to improve all the funky drills that they have you doing at the Cheap NFL Jerseys China.cheapchinanfljerseys.us/]China Jerseys Cheap[/url] combine that you know aren't necessarily things that we practice as a football player on a daily basis," said Wyoming offensive lineman Chase Roullier, who trained with Landow.
Today's prospects train six days a week for eight weeks or more all so they can impress NFL executives who will test their speed, strength, skills and brain power while also checking out their medical background and any off-field history for Jerseys From China any red flags.
"If an athlete is an NFL combine invite, the agent will pay for everything," Landow said. "If you have a kid who may be a bubble guy who didn't get the combine invite but you know can play,Cheap Basketball Jerseys, the agents will typically foot the bill. Some guys if they're a priority free agent maybe at best, sometimes it's coming out of their own pocket."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 12:05 , Processed in 0.067882 second(s), 28 queries .