3萬

帖子

10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-6-15 23:09:40 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
… discriminates against Vreed-en-Hoop businessman A Vreed-en-Hoop businessman is at the end of his tether following what he deemed discrimination against him by the Best/Klien Pouderoyen Neighbourhood Democratic Council (NDC) in Region Three.Vreed-en-Hoop businessman Godfrey BessGodfrey Bess explained that he had been given the “royal runabout” by the NDC for more than a year now.He explained that in early 2014, he bought a portion of land from a local businessman and had gone through the process of properly setting up the property.This process included receiving compliance from the Guyana Revenue Authority,Nike Air Max Shoes For Women, advertising in the Official Gazette, and finally receiving a Certificate of Compliance from his NDC.However,Cheap Adidas Superstar, though the first two steps were completed,NFL Jerseys Wholesale, Bess was held up by his NDC in the final stage.“The NDC refuses to give my transport clearance and when I would ask questions I’d never get any satisfaction,” Bess said.He added that two other businessmen, who had bought neighbouring lands, had been given clearance by the NDC with no difficulties. He further said that a third businessman came into the area and purchased a sub plot to his land. That man had also gone to the NDC to receive a Certificate of Compliance.However, Bess indicated that the man had been informed by the NDC to visit the Ministry of Local Government and Regional Development (MLGRD) and obtain a ministerial order to receive the certificate. The other businessman, Bess said, followed the NDC’s advice and received a ministerial order. He subsequently received his Certificate of Compliance from the NDC.All this time, Bess said that he was awaiting his certificate. He later visited theThe first order sent from Minister Norman WhittakerMinistry on the advice of the other businessman and there he received an order from Minister Norman Whittaker.The order, seen by this newspaper, stated, “The Honorable Minister of Local Government and Regional Development can find no just cause or reason why the NDC must not accept any outstanding rates due on the said property by Mr. Godfrey A.F. Bess and issue the latter with a Certificate of Compliance.”The letter, issued to the Chairman of the NDC, went on to instruct in no uncertain terms that Bess was to be issued with his certificate.However, Bess said,Epic React Flyknit Womens, this order was ignored and instead the NDC Chairman responded that Bess had not submitted all the relevant documents.Bess refuted the Chairman’s claims and maintained, “At no point before the order went to them did they indicate that I had documents outstanding.”In turn, Bess said he submitted all of the documents he had given to the NDC to Minister Whittaker.Following the submission,Cheap Adidas Sneakers Online, Whittaker issued another order, reiterating the need for the issuance of the Certificate of Compliance. Once more,Nike Vapormax Plus Womens, the order was ignored.Bess stated that a meeting was later called by Minister Whittaker and all of the NDC Councillors were invited to attend to discuss the matter. However, only two of the 13 Councillors attended the meeting. One of the present councillors also reportedly said that the Chairman had ordered all of the Councilors to boycott the Minister’s meeting.Bess said that the entire process has begun to frustrate him. He said, too, that he is constantly checking with the Minister’s office. However, he said, he was told that there is little that can be done to discipline the Chairman now that elections are due.He added that he previously had a similar situation with the very Chairman but it had been resolved after the intervention of President Donald Ramotar.Bess believes that the situation is one born of prejudice. He said that the Chairman is being deliberately discriminatory against him and other businessmen like him.“It’s making me feel bad as a businessman and it’s making me so frustrated,” Bess said.He continued, “I’m hurt because I always felt that this was the government’s views being shown by this man. Usually people get frustrated and let it go but when I went in and kept following it up, I recognised that this is not the government’s position but something personal.”>>>>>>Pictures saved in Sunday as:SAM_0473Caption: Vreed-en-Hoop businessman Godfrey BessSAM_0468Caption: The first order sent from Minister Norman Whittaker
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 19:19 , Processed in 0.084865 second(s), 25 queries .