3萬

帖子

10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-6-16 01:39:18 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Identified as one of EU’s success stories in the Caribbean, Guyana’s Mangrove Restoration Project (GMRP) will be highlighted at the upcoming Global Climate Change Alliance (GCCA) conference in Brussels this September.According to Chairperson of the GMRP, Annette Arjoon-Martins, interest is high on the alternative livelihood component of the project,NFL Jerseys Cheap Authentic, which seeks to empower local communities within mangrove forests.She related, “In that component, villagers in local communities have been taught to become beekeepers. They have been provided with equipment and hives to set up apiaries in the mangrove forest in exchange for which they take responsibility for protecting and managing three-kilometres of mangrove forest.”An early GMRP initiative was the development of Guyana’s first mangrove reserve located twenty minutes from Georgetown and located in the villages between Golden Grove and Belfield, East Coast of Demerara.  Six villagers were trained as tour guides, and daily tours are now available from the Mangrove Centre at Cove and John.Arjoon-Martins, who is the Operations Manager of Air Services Limited,Cheap Air Max 2018, said that the Ogle airline, which has a development programme for hinterland students, has also undertaken to help provide developmental assistance to the alternative livelihood component of the Mangrove Restoration Project.Arjoon-Martins stated, “Air Services feels mangrove tour guides would benefit from interacting with their counterparts at Kaieteur Falls,Air Max 97 Silver Bullet 2018, which is our most successful tourist destination, so ASL took four of them on a complimentary visit to the Falls.”She noted that the intention was also to make the guides more aware of the links in Guyana’s growing tourism sector of which they are now a part.The four guides – Raymond Hinds,Air Max 97 Undefeated Green, Avnel Wood,Cheap Nike Shox Shoes, Carlotta DeJesus and Colin DeJesus – were taken on a half day visit to Kaieteur; it was the first time they had seen the world-famous waterfall.Raymond Hinds, who is from the village of Cove and John, and is in his second year with the Mangrove Project said, “I never imagined I would get the opportunity to experience one of the wonders of the world, and I learned a great deal in how the Kaieteur guide interpreted the tour to make it extremely interesting for the visitor. I will certainly be applying what I have learned in our Mangrove Reserve tours.”ASL, which takes plane loads of tourists to Kaieteur Falls each weekend on Saturdays and Sundays, indicated that it will ensure that the Mangrove Reserve brochures are in the seat pockets on those aircraft, and passengers on those trips will become aware that Guyana has an alternative tourism product, a short drive from Georgetown,Air Max 97, that  is unusual, entertaining, and affordable.The Mangrove Reserve won the Guyana Tourism and Hospitality Association of Guyana (THAG), Environmental Award 2011, and the Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) Biodiversity Conservation Award 2012.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 00:46 , Processed in 0.082748 second(s), 23 queries .