1萬

帖子

4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-6-17 05:02:22 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Leon SuseranBerbicians came out in very large numbers yesterday,Cheap Hockey Jerseys, Elections Day, in what appears to be a huge expression of their democratic right. In several communities across East and West Berbice on Election Day there were crowded polling places.Things were pretty busy in New Amsterdam at the Berbice High School, Berbice Educational Institute and New Amsterdam Multilateral School where large numbers of voters joined lines to exercise their franchise.The process was relatively smooth in New Amsterdam. Things were much quieter along East Bank Berbice. Police officers were visible at each polling station as well.In East Canje, the Canje Secondary School was a hive of activity with a long line of voters around 09:00 hrs. One woman, who turned up there around 11:00 hrs,cheap nfl jerseys outlet, was complaining that if her name was not found on the list at Canje Secondary, she would go back home and not vote, since she had been running around all morning to various polling centres in Canje.She finally found her name and joined the line there.Elections Day brought with it the usual chit-chat in the voting lines. There was light banter between a few persons as to why the polling agents had to loudly announce voters’ particulars, like name, address, occupation etc.“Is wha he shouting out people thing suh for?” said a voter in the line at the Canje Secondary School. “If you wanted, you get catch right here,” said another man.The Assistant Presiding Officer then came outside and asked the persons to lower their voices.Alliance For Change, Dr Veerasammy Ramayya, said that things went fairly smooth,Cheap NFL Jerseys, from his party’s perspective. He said that there were no problems save for the fact that a few persons needed some assistance to find their names on the Official List of Electors, which he said, the party assisted.Region Six Chairman and Chairman of the Party in the Region, Mr Zulfikar Mustapha said that “things have been going on smoothly”.“I am very optimistic we will be having a very good turnout,NFL Jerseys Wholesale, in terms of percentage of people. I am confident we will win the region again with a larger majority because when I look at the figures, they are very encouraging.“I am hoping by the close of polls this afternoon, that we can have close to 100 per cent of voters to cast their ballots in Region Six.”He admitted that there have been some “concerns” but while he was not prepared to specify, he did say that he raised these with the Presiding Officers and was hoping that these concerns would be resolved by the close of polls.Bhoj Singh, AFC Member of Berbice told Kaieteur News, “Our expectations are that we expect to win 60 per cent of the votes in East Berbice. We are confident of that. It is time for the PPP to go, they cannot win.”Singh alleged that the PPP’s supporters in the region were “intimidating people at the polling stations”. He said that these persons were arrested by police and locked up.“The police promised to go into Albion where the people are doing the same”.“Somebody voted before and she was walking on the road, they stopped the lady threatened her that she had to go to a polling station to vote PPP,” he posited. Singh alleged that they took away her ID Card.“The police arrested some of their (the PPP) supporters from the polling stations in Canje.  It happened, too at the Port Mourant Human Development Resource Centre, and about 75 of polling stations they did that. We had to get the police to help us.“It went to the extent that one of our polling stations at Eversham, some peoples’ names were on the list and the Presiding Officer was issuing tendered ballot to the people. This, he alleged, happened at the Corentyne Eversham Primary School, GECOM #631123.Zulfikar Mustapha made similar allegations against the AFC.“AFC supporters were next to the fence at the Rose Hall Town Primary School checking people names whereas they supposed to be 200 yards away,(from the polling place)”,cheap nfl jerseys, he said.“I saw AFC polling agents had a pen with ‘AFC’ Bloomfield [on the Corentyne]”, he posited.“I understand that [Dr] Ramayya had his vehicle with AFC posters driving on the road at Whim. He said the police had to be called in.He added that the police never brought any complaints about PPP supporters intimidating voters. Our people were told to be 200 yards away from the polling stations”, Mustapha said.“This morning I had a call that APNU supporters were in the New Amsterdam Multilateral School (NAMS) compound intimidating people and when the police went,NFL Jerseys Cheap Authentic, it was true”,Cheap NFL Jerseys, he posited.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 09:22 , Processed in 0.075416 second(s), 23 queries .