2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-6-17 12:38:16 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, W.Va. (AP) — Mike Vrabel isn't making any drastic changes in his first season as the Houston Texans' defensive coordinator.
Vrabel spent three seasons as Houston's linebackers coach before he was promoted to coordinator when Romeo Crennel became the assistant head coach. As the Texans prepare for their second preseason game Saturday night against the New England Patriots,Cheap Jerseys, coach Bill O'Brien has already been impressed with the work he's done in his new role.
"He could call signals, he had great leadership, was a multi-year captain,Wholesale Jerseys, so his leadership,China Jerseys NFL Wholesale, his presence, his communication, awareness, situational awareness in addition to just being a good football player, those things were traits that carried over into coaching," Belichick said. "And Mike's one of the physically and mentally toughest players I've ever coached, so I'm sure that will serve him well NFL Jerseys Cheap in this profession,Cheap China Jerseys, too."
"It won't be long before he's a head coach," Brady said. "He's just got a great presence. He was a great player for us. He's been one of my great friends for a long time ... I love the guy and what he's accomplished."
"He brings (enthusiasm) every day and we just kind of feed off of his energy," cornerback Kareem Jackson said. "He's been in the situations that we've been in and some big-time ball games. So, we're definitely going to follow him. He's Cheap Football Jerseys China going to be our leader and he's a great leader for us."

Tom Brady is thrilled to see his former teammate and close friend moving up the coaching ranks and can already see him doing even more.
"I'm not really trying to put my stamp on our defense," Vrabel said. "I'm just trying to coordinate a group of professional athletes that were successful last year as a group ... our guys play hard and I appreciate that. So, I don't know if that's my stamp or that's their stamp, but we try to have a culture that is built around competitiveness and winning."
New England coach Bill Belichick wasn't surprised that Vrabel transitioned into coaching when his playing career was done.
Before becoming a coach, Vrabel spent 14 seasons as Cheap Football Jerseys China a linebacker for Pittsburgh, New England and Kansas City,China Jerseys, where he piled up 511 tackles and 57 sacks. His NFL Jerseys Online extensive playing experience is a big reason why the players have taken to him so well as a coach.
After what the unit did last year he knows that isn't necessary. The defense was the strength of the team in 2016 and finished the season allowing the fewest yards per game in the league despite defensive end J.J. Watt missing all but three games because of back surgery.
"They know I'm passionate, they know that I do this for one reason,wholesale jerseys china, and that's to make the players better," Vrabel said. "I can't (play) anymore. I love the game. I love every coach that I've played for. I felt like they've made me better, from Bill Belichick all the way down to a college coach. I've played for great guys and they tried to make me better and I try to do the same thing for them."
"If you can pay attention and focus in the meetings, you can learn a lot," Vrabel said.
Vrabel spent the bulk of his career with New England, spending 2001-08 there and winning three Super Bowl titles. This week when the Patriots and Texans had joint practices, it gave Vrabel a chance to catch up with some old friends and gave those friends an opportunity to laud him for work he's done in his coaching career.
"They're doing a good job over there mixing it up. We're mixing it up," O'Brien said. "I think he's doing a good job. He's very organized, detailed, works very hard. He's got a great way with the players, so I think so far, so good."
The Texans enjoy Vrabel's coaching style Jerseys From China and believe his energy rubs off on them and makes them better every day. He brushes off such compliments, and said he's just focused on trying to get the most out of a talented defense led by Watt which also includes 2014 No. 1 overall pick Jadeveon Clowney and veterans Brian Cushing and Johnathan Joseph.
Vrabel credited Belichick for helping him develop as a player when he joined the Patriots after spending four years with the Steelers where he didn't start a single game.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 08:40 , Processed in 0.075136 second(s), 26 queries .