2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-6-17 23:55:58 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"I see they're trying to get that defense going," Basham said. "I'm proud to be part of the Indy Colts new defense. I hope I can come in and make an impact this year."
The 6-foot-1, 213-pound Wilson found himself in a similar scenario. Projected to be a first-round pick, the Colts took advantage of his slide by grabbing the 20-year-old Cheap NFL Jerseys at No. 46. Wilson made sure everyone knew he wasn't happy about his fall, donning a new T-shirt Friday with a poop emoji and the word "happens" underneath it.
"We had some holes that we needed to fill," Ballard said. "Y'all watched the same games I did."
Hooker went into the draft expected to go in the top 10. But when three receivers and three quarterbacks were unexpectedly taken among the first 12 selections Thursday, Hooker slid to the Colts at No. 15.

He entered the draft after three seasons at Florida, two as a starter. He finished with 81 career tackles, six interceptions and 14 passes defensed and scored on a 78-yard interception return last season.
After using their first-round pick on Ohio State safety Malik Hooker, the Colts used two more picks Friday on defensive players: Florida cornerback Quincy Wilson in the second round and Ohio University defensive end Tarell Basham in the third. In less than 36 hours, new general manager Chris Ballard has given Pagano two potential play-makers in the secondary and an edge pass rusher in hopes of fixing the longtime underperforming defense.
Wilson will get a chance to prove himself right away since there is no established starter playing opposite former Pro Bowler Vontae Davis,Cheap Jerseys Store.
The Colts appear to have found good value, too.
This time, they didn't really have a choice. Indy's pass defense was ranked No.  30 over the past two seasons and after producing only 33 sacks in 2016, lost their top two pass-rushers. Ballard responded by signing eight veteran defenders in free agency and continued his focus the first two days of the draft.
Basham will have an opportunity to prove himself, too.
"Defense travels. It travels on the road," Ballard said. "When things aren't going good, it keeps you in games. We've still got work to do, and it takes time for people to come together in that locker room. But we think we've added some young pieces to the roster."
It's the first time since 2010,Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping, and the fourth time since 2000, the Colts have used their first three picks exclusively on defensive players.
Indy got mixed results out of those previous forays,Wholesale Jerseys China.
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Maybe Indianapolis Colts coach Chuck Pagano is finally getting his wish.
The first person from his family to attend college thrived in the Mid-American Conference. He finished last season with 11½ sacks and was named MAC defensive player of the year. Jerseys NFL Cheap.us/]Cheap NFL Jerseys[/url] Basham leaves school as the Bobcats' career sacks leader (29½), knowing exactly what Pagano expects this summer.
The Colts will start Saturday with four more draft picks. They have three in the fourth round — at No. 121,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, the Patriots' at No. 137 and a compensatory pick at No. 144. Indy acquired New England's pick in the Dwayne Allen trade. Indy's final selection is expected to come in the fifth round at No. 158 overall.
The last time Indy picked defensive backs in the first two rounds was 2005 when they took Marlin Jackson, whose AFC championship game interception sealed Indy's first Super Bowl trip, and Kelvin Hayden,NFL Jerseys China, whose interception return for a Cheap Jerseys Online touchdown two weeks later sealed Indy's Super Bowl victory over the Bears.
This year's NFL draft has been all about the defense.
"I wasn't prepared for NFL Jerseys Online another night, and I saw this shirt and I just felt Wholesale China Jerseys like it was appropriate," Wilson said.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 10:48 , Processed in 0.068531 second(s), 28 queries .