主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-6-21 00:08:28 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"It's still very early to tell what my role is going to be in this offense," Butt said. "So, I'm just committed to working hard right now and getting healthy. That's my job."
Butt, who won the John Mackey Award as the nation's top tight end his senior season, projects as more than just the type of pass-catching tight end that the NCAA's spread offenses are producing.
TAKING IT EASY: The Broncos no longer conduct full-fledged practices with their rookies following the draft after tight end Jeff Heuerman blew out a knee at rookie camp in 2015.
Coach Vance Joseph said he's been impressed with Butt's maturity so far.
This rookie minicamp mostly consisted of media training and other on-the-field instruction.
"In meetings, he's in the front row. He's taking every note," Joseph said. "When he gets healthy, he can help us."
The former Michigan star and Denver Broncos rookie wants to show he's the best tight end of the 2017 NFL draft class even though six were selected ahead of him, including three in the first round.
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — Jake Butt has no regrets and one thing to prove.
Butt was considered a first-rounder, too, until blowing out his right knee in the Orange Bowl, which caused him to slip to the fifth round .
Unlike a lot of teams, the Broncos also didn't use their rookie minicamp to invite players for a weekend tryout. All two dozen players in attendance — QB Chad Kelly was absent because of Ole Miss's graduation Saturday — were either draft picks or undrafted college free agents the Broncos signed right after the draft.
Butt said he figures coming out of Jim Harbaugh's program with its pro-style offenses will help him quickly meet the Broncos' expectations.
His new position coach, Geep Chryst, texted him right away and issued a challenge.
"He wants me to prove that I'm the best tight end in this class. That's why I'm here to work and that's how I feel," Cheap NFL Jerseys too, Butt said Saturday after working with Geep on the side at the team's rookie minicamp. "Right now my job is just to get healthy and learn as much of the playbook as I possibly can and that's been my focus.
"Yeah, it was kind of like college orientation," said wide receiver Isaiah McKenzie, a fifth-round pick out of Georgia.
"But down the line,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, that's the ultimate goal."
"I'm versatile. It's Cheap NFL Jerseys kind of fading away in this game, you see more spread tight ends,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys," Butt said. "For me, I believe I can line up anywhere. I can be a Y (receiver) tight end, line up in the backfield,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, flex me out in the slot or by myself and with NFL Jerseys Online that, you have to have a very good understanding of the offense, Wholesale China Jerseys too,wholesale nfl jerseys, for the coaches to trust you to line up anywhere."
Butt signed a four-year, $2.7 million contract with the Broncos. He also got an additional $543,000 tax free from a loss of value insurance policy for his draft fall, according to ESPN. And he signed an endorsement deal with, appropriately enough, Charmin toilet paper.
It's just that he won't get the opportunity to prove he's every bit the pro that first-round picks O.J. Howard, David Njoku and Evan Engram are until sometime this fall, after he fully recovers from his second torn ACL.
"Oh, man. It's really tough. Being out there,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, my adrenaline is still pumping," Butt said. "I'm so locked in. I know what I'm doing out there on every play. I just can't go out there and do it. And that's tough being a competitor and being a player that wants to help the team win. But I'm living through these guys out here."
"We had nine hours of football Cheap Jerseys Online meetings and a 40-minute practice today," Joseph said. "And in my opinion, that's enough as far as the football part . The entire goal was to bring in the guys and get them comfortable with our system. That was accomplished."
"I think the evaluation is over. We've drafted and signed these guys. So, the evaluation process, that's behind us. It's more now about getting guys ready to play NFL football," Joseph said. "It's time to help these guys become NFL players."
"No, it's more serious,Cheap NFL Jerseys Supply, to be honest with you," said defensive end DeMarcus Walker, a second-rounder from Florida State. "It's a job, and I'm just very happy to be a Denver Bronco."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 05:18 , Processed in 0.071767 second(s), 22 queries .