1萬

帖子

4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-6-22 13:38:25 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Gary Eleazar in TrinidadLeading world economist Professor Joseph Stiglitz is warning Commonwealth leaders to quickly take affirmative action and outline long term objectives in order to survive the current world economic downturn.Professor Stiglitz made the charge during a Pre-Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) undertaken by Commonwealth Foreign Affairs Ministers who are currently laying the groundwork for their respective heads when they enter into deliberations as CHOGM 2009 officially opens today.According to Stiglitz, climate change and the developed world seeking to garner finances for its own mitigation,Blank Jersey, has and will continue to have both a direct and indirect effect on a lot of Commonwealth countries, such as those in the Caribbean, including Guyana.He pointed out that the developing world depends heavily on the developed nations for things such as exports, remittances and foreign direct investments, which results in their economies being affected.As such,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, the Professor pointed out that the recovery of the developing world from the global financial crisis will be significantly lagging.This,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, he said, means that there will not be the type of assistance required for long term projects such as climate change because, “unfortunately the developed countries feel that they have so much debt that has accumulated as a result of trying to address the crisis, they will feel less generous about helping others.”He opined that a real source of concern is that the call for financing from the developing world could very well go unanswered,Cheap NFL Jerseys, and if it is answered, it would not be nearly enough to correspond to the needs of the developing countries.Professor Stiglitz told this newspaper that in his presentation to the Foreign Affairs Ministers, he attempted to emphasise the fact that in the process of recovery there must be a clear vision,China Jerseys, “of where you want to go.”This, he said, will enable the adequate stimulation of respective economies that the decision makers were looking to expand, “you make investments that facilitate those kinds of things that you want to grow.” He added that this would be dependent on the financing available.Stiglitz stressed that there needs to be a strong focus not just on the short term, “but where the economy will be in 20 years.”He cautioned that the risks are far too great and failing to listen could see the downturn lasting much longer for the developing countries, with the depth to which it would sink being significantly deeper.“I think that the real worry is that five to ten years from now the countries will be weaker…it’s not a question of survival or not, it is a question of the living standards of the country.”He explained that given the way in which the developed countries have reacted to the crisis,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, their debt would have increased significantly, making assistance the developing countries much more elusive.Given the economic landscape that the professor mentioned, when asked about what he expected to happen in Copenhagen next month and what could countries such as Guyana expect, the professor said there will be some sort of agreement being a step to the future, but questioned just how big that step would actually be.He stated that he was encouraged with the news that the Barack Obama administration is planning to go to Copenhagen and commit to a reduction in carbon emissions, and hopefully the US congress ratifies it, unlike the 1997 agreement.While the news emanating from the US is that it will reduce carbon emissions,Jerseys From China, there is the fear that it would be hesitant to buy into the carbon market, as is the case that Guyana is pushing for under the Low Carbon Development Strategy, where the developed countries would pay for Guyana’s forest to largely remain intact and continue to act as a carbon sink and that service be sold.
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-6-24 18:03:02 | 顯示全部樓層

cheap nfl jerseys

Asked to elaborate on what Wolff needs to do better, Kelly made it clearer.
Wolff started six games as a rookie, but a nagging knee injury kept him on the sidelines more than he was on the field. The knee flared up again last week, but he's not even listed on this week's injury report.
NOTES: Center Jason Kelce, coming back from sports hernia surgery, was listed as probable for Sunday's game. Also probable were running back Darren Sproles (knee), who missed last week's game in Arizona, and guard Todd Herremans, who is playing with a torn triceps.

If Allen cannot play,Cheap Jerseys From China, second-year safety Earl Wolff would likely get the start, although Eagles coach Chip Kelly wouldn't say that was a definite.
"He hasn't gotten a lot of plays in the game,Wholesale China Jerseys, but he's gotten plenty in practice," safety Malcolm Jenkins said of Wolff.  "Earl's a good athlete. He can do everything we ask him to do: play in the box,NFL Jerseys Cheap, play deep. The biggest thing is the communication,Authentic NFL Jerseys Cheap, and settling that side of the field.
Wolff has gotten most, if not all, of the first team reps in practice this week. Still the head coach was lukewarm at best in his assessment of the second-year player.
"He has to know when to make the calls, when the offense moves, reiterating the calls, making his calls loud so everybody understands what he's doing, so everybody is on the same page. That's really the biggest concern. We have to have all of our guys on the same page, so we don't have confusion and those blown coverages."
Allen injured his hamstring in last week's 24-20 loss to the Arizona Cardinals, a game in which he was beaten for a 75-yard touchdown pass from Carson Palmer to rookie speedster John Brown in the final minutes.
Wolff agreed with Kelly — somewhat,Cheap NFL Jerseys Supply.
"It depends on how we go through training and what package Billy (defensive coordinator Billy Davis) is in and how we are doing. So there are a lot of different variables that are involved in that," Kelly said.
"Everything," he said.  "I think everybody does, though. That's not a slight of Earl. There's no one right now that I can say 'Hey, they got it, go take it in, don't practice today.' I think (Wolff) needs to show us he can become more consistent in terms of the way he practices and I think he'll be the first to tell you that."
Tuesday,NFL Jerseys Wholesale, Allen took part in the team's abbreviated practice, but then sat out Wednesday and Thursday, although he did some light jogging and stretching Thursday.
"Maragos is a guy that's involved in the mix. Watkins is a guy that's involved in the mix."
Special teams ace Chris Maragos and rookie Jaylen Watkins could also see time, if Allen is inactive.
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Philadelphia Eagles safety Nate Allen is listed as questionable on the team's injury report, making it a 50-50 chance he plays Sunday when the team travels to Houston.
"We'll just see how it goes," Allen said. "I'm getting treatment, doing everything I can."
Maragos, signed as a free agent from Seattle this offseason, has been strictly a special teams player since he arrived. Watkins, a fourth-round pick from Florida, has been inactive in five of the team's seven games. He's gotten most of his practice reps at cornerback.
"I have a lot of confidence in myself, and my teammates have a lot of confidence in me," Wolff said.  "I know I can play at a high level. It's just all about the consistency."
"Earl's been OK," Kelly said. "I think he needs to be a little more consistent from that standpoint. But he's OK."
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 00:03 , Processed in 0.087082 second(s), 24 queries .