1萬

帖子

4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-7-26 21:16:57 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– relative suspects foul playPolice are searching for a 15-year-old male of Sheet Anchor Village, East Canje, Berbice who was in the company of the 8-year-old boy who drowned in an underground reservoir in the village last Saturday afternoon. Emmanuel Welch, of Lot 9 Sheet Anchor, met his demise while playing near a sand pit.New details are coming to light in the incident which now seems to be taking an interesting turn. Additionally, the boy’s foster mother, Nadira Toolsie strongly believes that the boy was pushed into the reservoir.Toolsie said she had returned from work just after 16:00 hrs on Saturday but did not see him at home. She enquired and was told that he was playing with friends. After being informed that the boy was playing near the sandpit, a few blocks away, the woman ran towards the scene and found the boy lying in the water, lifeless.Toolsie recounted that she started to care for him as a one year old. His mother, she said, was of unsound mind and died two years ago, “and I still continued to take care of him”. The whereabouts of the father are unknown, “and they were going to give him away and take him to the orphanage but I took him and ‘mind’ him from a 1-year baby—it real hard, because he is the only company I had with me in the house,” she lamented.Speaking to this newspaper yesterday, Toolsie related that a 15-year-old male, only name given who resides at a section of the village under the Canje River Bridge, Sheet Anchor, disappeared after the incident on Saturday.Toolise stated that the missing boy “very cruel and come from a very cruel family”. She stated too that “my little boy don’t really mix with him” but somehow he ended up playing with the teen that afternoon. The mother believes that the lad, when found, would be able to shed light into what really happened that fateful afternoon. “If he didn’t do anything, why he run away?” she questioned.The compound, which formerly housed the Ministry of Public Works several decades ago, is now used by Ameerally Construction Services (AMACO) for selling sand, etc. The 12-ft deep reservoir in the compound was once used by the Public Works Ministry for water retaining purposes during that time.When Kaieteur News visited the compound yesterday, the reservoir was still uncovered. It is the view of many that the reservoir is a health risk/hazard and should have been covered since there are a lot of children who play near and in the compound regularly.An employee of Amaco stated that the reservoir will be covered by next week.“By next week we should cover it off”. He added that the company had put gates on the compound and covers on the reservoir but these were either vandalized, removed or destroyed by persons.“We put gates and so, but people breaking the gates…we did put a cover [on the reservoir] but people carrying away the covers— breaking and pulling it out”.The reservoir, he stated,Adam Larsson Jersey, is also used by persons from the village doing laundry there. “That thing always get water; it never out of water.”A post mortem examination performed Monday by Government Pathologist, Dr. Vivekanand Brijmohan, revealed that Welch died of asphyxia and drowning.Region 6 Chairman, Mr. David Armogan, whose trucking, sand and stone service is located next door to the location and sand pit, stated that he was very familiar with little Emmanuel.“Every time I go there, he always would call me! And I carry him all about, to all the Rotary Club Christmas parties and so on. When I saw his photo in the Kaieteur News, I was shocked…he was my little friend,” Armogan reflected.Armogan has volunteered his truck to be used during the funeral procession which will be held today. The boy will be buried alongside his mother at the Kildonan Cemetery.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 02:13 , Processed in 0.076934 second(s), 23 queries .