4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-7-27 01:56:12 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
…BK Intl declares war on Minister BulkanBy: Shyon HoppieThe construction giant BK International (BKI) which is currently operating the Haags Bosch Sanitation Landfill (BHSL) on the East Bank of Demerara under a contract by the previous administration has come under great scrutiny by the New Minister of Communities, Ronald Bulkan, in recent times.In recent times at the BHSL, BK Intl along with staff of the landfill held a press conference and tour of the site to challenge the minister’s statement which is allegedly a personal attack by the minister on the company based on past grievances.It is believed by the company that the current issues may have arisen from a past grievance between BK Intl and Bulkan’s Timber Works however the Minister denies that allegation and said that” it’s a matter of different opinion”.A while ago, the Minister via another media outlet was quoted as saying that, “BHSL is a disaster and an environmental time bomb,” declaring that the construction giant failed in its management of the site and that the government wants it gone since he claims that the site does not meet the designed requirements.A section of the Haags Bosch Sanitary LandfillContrary to that, BK Intl said that they cannot complete the landfill site and operate 100 per cent because of the vagueness of the initial contract between them and the previous government, which they thought was,Carlton Fisk Jersey, being reviewed in good faith by the current administration in their present discussions.At the head of the press conference was Lionel Kandasammy, site manager of BHSL, Alex Graham, Public Relations Officer of BK Intl, Brian Tiwarie, owner of BK Intl, amongst other representatives of the company.According to Mr Kandasammy, from the inception the contract between BKI and the then Local Government Ministry had many shortcomings. “It was extremely vague, did not provide clear instructions and some instances sufficient instructions to BKI on various key aspects of the project,” he said.He also added that, “the reality of some of the shortcomings of the contract became very acute as clearly this project could not be manage in the conventional manner of planning, organizing, integrating and measuring results, but on the crisis management based on vague instructions through the contract and the daily stress of having cordial working relationship with the ministry’s personnel.”Despite these challenges and impediments, he said BKI is committed to providing the best possible service at the HBSL facility.The facility which houses refuse from the city and other neighbouring communities is partially completed and BKI defends this sighting that the Government of Guyana is yet to pay them from June 2014 to present and honour their side of the contract.This was ordered by the High Court of Guyana at a recent hearing but to date the company is yet to be paid.Brian Tiwarie, Director of BKI, has since said that he is ready to challenge the Minister to bring forth any international or local contractors, since he proclaims to be the person who built local contractors in Guyana.The Business tycoon made it clear that it is not that he does not want to walk from the project but because of the fact that he is owed a large sum of money for works. He also stated that with the previous Government he walked away from the said project and within three days he had to re-sign the contract because no one else could’ve completed the job.In his statements Mr Tiwarie said he is going to work on challenging the Minister in showing him where he is dishonest, corrupt or ever did wrong in anyway.“The Ministry never sue me but they might sue me now because I am going to fight with the Minister… I’ve broken the monopoly PL 480 in Guyana… I am qualified, financially sound and he (the Minister) can’t make those statements against me,” Mr Tiwarie said.He further continued by saying, “I am reviewing this with my lawyers to see if I can take legal actions against Mr Bulkan, I do not want to say much but the court will decide.”After the said press conference members of the media and other workers of BKI were given a complete tour of the facility and invited to eat in the canteen area of the main building in the compound of the BHSL.The tour was given in parts to cover each square inch of the landfill with complete description of the operations and what works are yet to be done to complete the facilities. The HBSL is currently processing over 15000 tons of refuse as of May 18 which was suggested by the company as the time the massive clean-up drive in Guyana started.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 21:51 , Processed in 0.081855 second(s), 28 queries .