A-Plus互動討論區

找回密碼
 立即註冊

Login

免註冊即享有會員功能

搜索
熱搜: 活動 交友 discuz
查看: 8|回復: 0

[游泳] Nike Air Max 1 From China are the things that we want addressed.

[複製鏈接]

3萬

主題

3萬

帖子

10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-7-27 07:48:30 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Leonard GildarieIn most countries that are supposedly democratic, there is one thing that is perceived to be constant in what the law and/or constitution intends – an even playing field for all citizens.Leonard GildarieI have been fortunate to visit a number of places and I love the Dutch system. I believe that when it comes to investigations, they are the best in the world.Methodically, the investigators would focus in on procedures and doggedly pursue them to the end. They would nail you on the smallest mistake. Despite this, I still believe the punishment under the Dutch system is a little too lenient, in my view.I’ve heard the Swiss and French are like that too. It does not matter whether you have a lot of money or hold the highest office, the law appears to work.In the US,Alex Goligoski Jersey, we have seen the determination of District Attorneys in chalking up wins in their prosecutions. Many of them use the office to step into the big area – politics.There are good policemen here, but their songs appear to be unsung.As a young Guyanese, I believe our biggest problem remains our attitude. We are too laid back. We forget too easily. We are an easy-going people who believe that the job of running the country is left to the Government. We believe the garbage problem is our neighbour’s and the NDC’s. We throw garbage over the back fence and refuse to clean our front drains. Then we complain about flooding.There are so many things we can do and will have to do to take Guyana to another level.It will take money,Cheap NHL Jerseys, but, more importantly, development will require that attitudinal change.I have been following a number of situations in this little land of ours and can only shake my head in disgust.One of them is happening right here at our courts.You see the funny thing in Guyana is that people talk. You can’t stop them. It appears the laws are not in sync with the realities. A man steals a bicycle and he is likely to get a year in prison. A bicycle is worth what…about $15,Undefeated Air Max 97 For Sale,000?Two teens commit a robbery and were slapped with community service. Then comes the one about an office holder stealing millions, yet, because of how the fraud laws operate, they get a slap on the wrist.I saw a photo recently where a Government official who was charged was on her phone while on her way to the holding area in the magistrates’ courts. We received numerous calls after the photograph was published. Would an ordinary alleged offender/prisoner be given such freedom?The question that was most recurring was whether there was a law for the rich and another for the poor.We hear of persons appearing for serious offences at the magistrates’ courts and after being refused bail, applying to the High Court. These serious crimes included armed robbery, using guns.Invariably, utilizing what is known as court touts,Nike Air Max 1 Mens Sale, the prisoners are granted bail. We know of a few who came out and committed murders. You hear these stories and wonder who the intellectual authors of the crimes are…the courts or the person who pulled the trigger.I was driving recently and this heavily-tinted car overtook the long line and was stopped by the police control on the East Bank Demerara. The window came down, the young driver leaned out and he was waved on. Being the aggressive person I am, I stopped and asked the officer why he was being allowed to go while others were being searched. The officer smiled and said that the car belonged to a policeman. It was heavily-tinted and I am not sure why a policeman needed his tint that dark.I am not allowed a tint, so of course I would have to show good reason. I would like one and do have good reason,Air Max 95 Black Leather, but it would not make sense to apply.It is the same reason why many persons have not taken the time to apply for a gun licence.The man on the street would tell you that you need a million dollars for Mr. So and So at a government ministry. It is a badly kept public secret. It is all part of the reality of how uneven the playing field is when it comes to what we expect.We know of so many instances of persons committing crimes and using their money to stop Lady Justice in her tracks.I heard a case recently of one man who, after allegedly taking someone’s life, reportedly checked himself into a private hospital. He has a police guard and walks around without handcuffs. He talks on his cell phone and checks his emails. We are told that the police cannot put handcuffs on him…the orders came down from above.Yes, these are some of the little things that irk people like me.We heard recently of one exclusive community, dominated by former Government officials, that was without water meters since being built.I know of persons who after missing a few months of payment see their services terminated.For a mere $6,000, GWI and GPL are relentless. We have come to expect that of them.Yet one would ask the question about what happened over the last couple of years. Were the people living in the ‘Pradoville Two’ area paying for water?A friend of mine who spent millions coming back to Guyana to open a factory called me to complain about GPL. They cut his lights off on Friday. At the time was running over $3M in materials on his machines. He had been calling GPL for his bill and they kept promising to prepare it.Fortunately, he had a generator. He is talking about leaving.I come back to perception. We have to do much better than this.We can demand respect, but will it be shown? We have seen constitutional interpretations in recent years that can only make you shake your head in despair.These,Air Max 97 Silver Bullet 2018, Mr. Government, are the things that we want addressed.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 12:44 , Processed in 0.081133 second(s), 23 queries .