1萬

帖子

4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-8-14 13:16:37 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Former board member of the Guyana Water Incorporated (GWI) Charles Ceres, at a special press conference held yesterday in the GWI boardroom repeated that the reason for his resignation was not influenced by anyFrom left: GWI Public Relations Officer Leana Bradshaw,Nike Air Max Damen G��nstig, former Board Member, Charles Ceres and Managing Director of GWI, Dr. Richard Van-West Charles during yesterday’s press briefing.rift between himself and GWI’s Managing Director Dr. Richard Van-West Charles.According to Ceres he has no issues with Dr. Van West Charles. In fact, they are very good friends.Ceres in the presence of Dr. Van West Charles said, “Apparently they (Stabroek News) have a source that indicated to them that my resignation was due to some level of animosity between myself and the CEO (Dr. Van West Charles).”“Everything you would have read in Stabroek News is untrue. I am kind of peeved at the fact that Stabroek News can find the time to speak to an unnamed anonymous source and they can’t find the time to speak to me.”He said that he expected better from a news agency which is a representative of the Fourth Estate. “If you are a representative of the fourth estate, you should be representing facts and not hearsay and innuendo.”Ceres said that the reports in the newspaper were total nonsense and idiotic while responding to a SN reporter on the issue. “I am saying your information is nonsense and it is idiotic. Only an idiot will repeat something without substantiating it.”He said that the reports were totally incorrect, and that the reason for his resignation was solely based on not having the time and resources to properly function as a board member since he also manages his very own engineering company.“I own an engineering consultant company, a very well respected and recognised engineering consultant company. I have about 20 employees which I have a responsibility to. That responsibility to my employees supersedes everything else that I have responsibilities to.”Mr Ceres is the General Manager and owner of Ground Structures Consultants, a company that undertakes both local and international assignments.He said that he opted out of the board of GWI simply because he cannot give the time that is required to ensure that his tenure at GWI would contribute to the development of the entity.“It has nothing to do with any animosity between myself and Dr. Van-West Charles. I congratulated Dr. Van-West Charles for taking this job because to be quite honest with you, the salary that he is accepting for this job, I would not accept.”Ceres said that he has a difficulty with reports in the press purporting to receive information from unnamed sources which impugn his professionalism.He said that persons can contact him at his office or at home to get a comment on any issue. However, he made it clear that he does not conduct interviews by telephone.He said that his role on the board was simply to provide advice and guidance to Dr. Van West Charles. Ceres said that he has even continued to offer advice to the Managing Director despite his resignation.While fielding questions after making his opening statements, Ceres dispelled beliefs that the board was experiencing problems during his tenure.On the allegation that Ceres’s company had received a $2M contract from GWI, he said that it is total nonsense. However, as his memory came to his rescue, he remembered a small project which his company did for GWI, as a favour.He said that the project is miniscule to the larger projects which his company undertakes for private companies, both local and international.Racist ReportsCeres accused the publication of attempting on several occasions to drive a wedge between Guyanese of African descent. “That is why Mr. (Odinga) Lumumba wrote a letter to your editor about all his claims he had about who was given land. (Your editor) never made a claim about Indian people that were given land.”He said that the publication would never write an article saying that former President Bharrat Jagdeo had never given him a single government contract.“That is what you should be writing about if you want to represent the Fourth Estate. If you want to be a representative of the Fourth Estate your representation should be indicative of an all-encompassing perspective and not a single entity.”He asked a reporter of the newspaper if the entity had ever reported on why Jagdeo allegedly marginalised Afro-Guyanese. “There is no major project in this country that my company has never worked on. Not a single one; you name it. But we have never worked on a Government of Guyana project.”Ceres said that his company has built itself on professionalism, integrity and hard work. He urged reporters to ensure that they receive the correct facts on issues before publicising issues, thereby confusing the public.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 22:29 , Processed in 0.082913 second(s), 23 queries .