10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-1-8 23:26:23 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– wants to be a pilotScott Figuerado is like any other fun-loving child his age.But Scott is different from his peers in that while they are spending the long August holidays playing outdoor games or watching television, the seven-year-old from Yarrowkabra will be happily poring over the many books he has.Scott is fascinated with the printed word and he is at present on the verge of becoming the spelling bee champion of his community.Scott Figuerardo His mother,Giants #27 Juan Marichal Grey Cool Base Stitched MLB Jersey, Voletta Figuerado,Cheap Jerseys From China, says that Scott’s love for books and words began long before he could walk.“I started reading to him from the time he was a baby,2014 Olympic Team USA #44 Brooks Orpik White Stitched NHL Jersey,” a smiling Ms. Figuerado told Kaieteur News this week. “I would read to him and sing him to sleep.”“He was a surprising child. At the age of seven months, he was walking and by the time he was a year old he was talking in complete sentences. We used to be left amazed.”By the time he was four,Wholesale New York Yankees Jerseys, Scott was reading bible stories in children’s books.A single parent who was unable to complete her education because she grew up poor,Nike Eagles #91 Fletcher Cox Black Mens Stitched NFL Elite Pro Line Gold Collection Jersey, Ms. Figuerado was determined that her talented son would get the opportunities that she never had.By the age of two she had enrolled him in a ‘starters’ school, and he was soon amazing his teachers with his knack for reading and spelling.At every opportunity, Ms. Figuerado also invests part of her limited financial resources in reading materials for her son,Wholesale Jerseys, who attends the Kuru Kururu Primary School and is a top performer.Scott caught the eye of the media a few weeks ago with his participation in a spelling bee contest,Pistons #0 Andre Drummond Navy Stitched NBA Jersey, which is organised by the youth arm of the Yarrowkabra Community Policing Group.Voletta Figuerado says she learned of the competition a few days before it began. She enrolled Scott in the contest two days before it began.“He had to learn 50 words between Friday and Sunday (the day of the contest).” She recalled with amusement that Scott commented that the words were “too easy” when the club president attempted to enroll him in the junior category (eight to eleven years).“He said ‘I don’t want the junior form,Cheap NFL Jerseys, I want the senior form.’”According to Scott’s mother, the lad’s presence seemed to intimidate some of the senior participants (aged 13 to 16).Scott did his mother proud by reaching the finals without misspelling a single word.He is due to participate in the finals today and Voletta Figuerado is confident that he will emerge the winner.She says that Scott wants to become a pilot. Mrs. Figuerardo, who also has a six-year-old daughter, is determined to help him achieve his dreams.“I was unable to go far in school,Wholesale Golden State Warriors Jerseys, and if I have to go the extra mile I will do so for my children. I pray that he will be able to achieve his ambitions.”
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-10 07:09 , Processed in 0.061342 second(s), 26 queries .