1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-9-14 23:19:35 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Haslett on Thursday took responsibility for the Redskins' dismal defensive performance through the first two games of the season. He had no choice. There's no sugarcoating a team that's giving up 511.5 yards per game, more than 30 yards worse than anyone else.
The Redskins are expecting Sunday's opponent, the Detroit Lions, to copy the things that have worked so well for other teams. Keep up the tempo. Spread the field. Take short drops and throw quick-hitters. Use the pass to set up the run.
"Tackling, that's something we've been doing since we were kids," cornerback DeAngelo Hall, "so it's about getting back to the fundamentals. Tackling isn't a hard thing to do. ... The tackles we missed (in the last game) were just routine tackles that we've got to make to be in this league."
"We've got to put everything together and get your swagger back," Haslett said, "and get your confidence back in what you're doing."
This week, the emphasis was on tackling, or lack thereof.
The numbers are stunning. They're giving up 201 yards rushing per game. They've allowed 422 yards after the catch. Opposing quarterbacks have a 135.4 rating. All are NFL-worsts by a considerable margin.
ASHBURN,Cheap Jerseys From China, Va. (AP) — Washington Redskins defensive coordinator Jim Haslett has moved up to the coaches' booth this season, watching the games from above after years on the sideline.
"Teams are going to be spreading us out," linebacker London Fletcher said, "forcing us to make tackles in space, so we have to get better at that."
When Haslett and Shanahan talk about "tackling" during practice, what they really mean is making contact and wrapping up with the arms.

Notes: Offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan said he has no problem with Robert Griffin III stating a desire to run more often to spark the team. "I think what Robert's saying to you guys is he wants to make some plays, and I hope he does," Shanahan told reporters. "I'll all for anybody making plays." ... S Brandon Meriweather remains limited to drill work as he recovers from a concussion.
It's not easy to practice tackling in today's NFL. Teams are allowed to wear full pads only once a week at this point during the regular season, and many coaches — Redskins coach Mike Shanahan included — are so concerned about injuries that they instruct their players not to bring teammates to the ground.
But swagger alone isn't a cure-all for what ails the Redskins. They can't stop the run,cheap nfl jerseys china, can't stop the pass.
So far, he doesn't like the view.
"I'll probably stay upstairs," he said. "I think there's advantages to both. But I'll stay up there for now."
Haslett also agreed that good tackling takes a certain mentality. After all,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, it's a basic football skill, in the same category as throwing, catching and blocking.
Coaches are known to be superstitious, but Haslett doesn't plan to return to the sideline despite his 0-2 record in the booth.
"I've got to put them through more situations where they're out there tackling," Haslett said, "and make sure they're better at it. ... You can tackle without pads on, you can work on wrap-tackling. There's (tackling) dummies out there, you can do different things."
"Some ugly football,China Jerseys Authentic," he said.
"I'm going to put that on us coaches," Haslett said,Cheap NBA Jerseys Authentic, "because we obviously haven't done a good job of stressing it. ... Obviously I was wrong,NFL Jerseys Clearance, but I thought we made great strides during the offseason."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-6-3 04:55 , Processed in 0.053482 second(s), 26 queries .