9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-1-9 17:37:38 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
9 CHAMBERS, the new band featuring producer/singer/guitarist Greg Hampton (ALICE COOPER,Jonathan Papelbon Nationals Jersey, BOOTSY COLLINS, LITA FORD), ex-MONSTER MAGNET guitarist Ed Mundell and current GOV'T MULE bassist Jorgen Carlsson, will release its self-titled debut album on September 27 via Samson Records/E1 Entertainment. The CD's cover art can now be viewed below.Hampton and Mundell recently recalled how they crossed paths and came up with the idea of working together. "I used to run into Greg at the bootleg place up at the Pasadena Flea Market," remembers Mundell. "He'd always be buying MAHOGANY RUSH, FREE, or JIMI HENDRIX bootlegs!" Adds Hampton, "I would see Ed and we'd run into each other at NAMM, and we'd go have dinner. I knew he was sort of looking for other projects to get involved in, because with the MONSTER MAGNET thing; he had a huge history."As one of the trailblazers of the "stoner rock movement" Ed Mundell's signature guitar sound can be heard on MONSTER MAGNET classic albums "Superjudge", "Dopes To Infinity" and gold-certified "Powertrip". But by late 2010,nfl jerseys china, Mundell had had enough. "It was 18 years with MAGNET. Since 1992, since I was a kid, barely legal to drink I'd been on the road! The last few years of touring was just the same old thing. It wasn't treading on any new territory  we were just playing the same set every night, all the time. And I was just like, 'I've got to do something else,Baltimore Orioles Pedro Alvarez Jersey, I'm going to go crazy here.' So I just needed to take a break. I ran into Greg, and we started playing."And just like that,Alshon Jeffery Jersey, 9 CHAMBERS came together  the same way plenty of classic rock bands did way back when, naturally, and over the love of similar styles of music. "We just started jamming, and all of a sudden, we wrote a couple of songs,wholesale jerseys," recalls Hampton. "The next thing we knew, we wrote six songs or something. It was pretty organic with the fact that we have a lot of the same guitar players that we love. We've pretty much got the same record collection. I'd play the verse, and then hand him the guitar halfway through, and he'd play the rest of it. Sometimes, you don't even know who's playing what." And as Mundell adds, "All of a sudden,Nike Rams #99 Aaron Donald Royal Blue Alternate Mens Stitched NFL Elite Jersey, it's 20 songs later! Like, what the hell? We're mixing now and going, 'God, how many guitars are on there?' We forgot about all these cool parts."Rounding out 9 CHAMBERS will be what promises to be kick-ass rhythm sections, comprised of GOV'T MULE virtuoso bassist Jorgen Carlsson and BLACK SABBATH/DIO/HEAVEN & HELL drummer Vinny Appice (as schedules permit). According to Mundell, the creative process regarding songwriting is coming fast and furious for 9 CHAMBERS. "Even the other day, we picked up two guitars,Washington Nationals Daniel Murphy Jersey, and all of a sudden, we had another song. It's like, 'How did that happen?'"With nearly two albums worth of compositions and ideas to choose from for a single disc, Hampton already has several early favorite tracks."'It's hard because it's a real 'album-oriented' record. With 'Life Moves On', the music came together because it's a real fast-cooking tune. Ed and I did the live solos on the floor with each other  the dual leads. That was the part to me that was the most exciting. The way the bridge came together was another interesting approach,Alejandro Palacios Mexico Jersey, because Ed was playing an electric twelve-string with a reverse pedal,Sweden Soccer Jersey, and I was playing the straight part that had a completely different riff and arrangement...two completely different things that wouldn't even fit if you heard them separately . But when you put them together it was just amazing. It fit just like a glove.""On 'Bury Yourself', Vinny's brother Carmine had a band CACTUS who a lot of '70s bands were influenced by. Carmine and I have been friends forever... Vinny is obvioulsy aware of his brother's work, but in regards to the riff and the music itself, it was something that reminded us of that."There are also elements of a CREAM and MOUNTAIN thing to it also. We were listening to a lot of that stuff, ARMAGEDDON, CAPTAIN BEYOND. It helped keep our mindset. In the song 'One Thing Missing' there are elements of that in the bridge. The solo I played on that was a one take  the first take. I plugged in, turned it on, and that was it! The title 'Bury Yourself' came from a George Harrison quote. He once said that 'The more you say, the more you bury yourself.' He was referring to John Lennon when Lennon made the Jesus comment and all that..."For more information, visit the 9 CHAMBERS official web site.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 12:05 , Processed in 0.068452 second(s), 26 queries .