1萬

帖子

4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-10-11 20:31:32 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Tiffanne Ramphal Have you ever wondered what Christmas would be like without your biological family and other loved ones? Since this is my first Christmas at Kaieteur News, I was only recently introduced to the traditions involved in ‘putting out’ our Christmas Day Edition and was encouraged to have a look at the previous years’ supplements.And it was an article published in last year’s Christmas Day Edition,Nike Air Max Ale, written by my colleague Zena Henry,Zapatillas Baratas Online Mujer, which motivated the basis for my first Christmas feature.  Zena’s was entitled ‘Christmas at home or abroad… Once it’s with family’. As the headline suggests, it highlighted all the gushy stuff about sharing Christmas Day with family and loved ones.As a matter of fact, the majority of articles appearing in Christmas Day editions over the years have expounded on the joys of sharing that ‘most-looked-forward-to day of the year’ with family members.But then a thought popped into my head… What about those without a family, those children housed in orphanages and other similar homes for the underprivileged? What is Christmas like for them? What are their hopes… their expectations? Do they wake up from the same dreams as we do on Christmas morning?That special holiday feeling usually comes just around late November or the start of December, when Christmas carols begin to hit the airwaves,Cheap Authentic Soccer Jerseys, and of course in Georgetown we experience the (merry) traffic build-up.By this time as well, dust is being cleared from the creases and crevices of homes and bright new curtains are either bought or unpacked from that suitcase under the bed. The ingredients for that pepperpot, cake and of course the turkey are all packed into the refrigerator.It’s that time of year when the kitchen is inundated with foodstuff it has not seen all year long. And who can forget the good old ‘Home Alone’ movies that build a distinct anticipation for the season? Of course, each of these features of the season is experienced and enjoyed in the family setting.But are these experiences which bring that ‘Christmassy’ feeling enjoyed by children in institutions?Well, from my research, it appears that the difference is not very profound. I took the opportunity to speak to some of the children housed at the Care Centre located in Sophia,Air Max Sko Norge, Greater Georgetown and found out that their hopes and expectations are actually quite similar to those of any other child – gifts (first and foremost),Asics Dynaflyte 2 Hombre, good food, goodies, Christmas carols, Home Alone movies (of course) and the list goes on.Gifts and food were the top two answers given by the children in response to the question “what is the best thing about Christmas.”The children also look forward to the excitement that comes with ‘decking the halls’, hanging those bright coloured decorations onto the limbs of the Christmas tree,Asics Dynaflyte 2 Mens, and of course, what brings more pleasure than to be assigned the task of affixing that revered star atop the tree.As can be expected, they awake with more adrenaline than on any other morning; ready to completely tear apart the colourful sparkly paper containing their gifts, to see what Santa has brought them.Surely it is highly unlikely that the boxes given to them will contain cellular phones or laptop computers, as so many of us look forward to. But the presents received are no less meaningful and may fill a void in a manner that none of the more expensive gifts can for us.At the Care Centre, the gifts are not packed under the tree in the traditional manner, but are placed onto the beds of each child while they are asleep. This is likely because of space constraints under the Christmas tree, as the Care Centre currently houses 99.I was also told that the children usually receive more than one gift.So although Christmas without blood related family members is deemed ‘dreadful’ to some, ‘Christmas’ is enjoyed tremendously by the children of the Care Centre. This of course is made possible through the provisions of the Ministry of Human Services and other benevolent agencies that make tangible contributions during the festive season.Many of the children related that memories of their parents, siblings and other family members are still very much alive and they harbor dreams of one day being reunited. However they are quite contented and grateful to be part of a family circle in which they are loved, cared for and appreciated.So today, the children of the Care Centre will be enjoying all the regular treats synonymous with this occasion; tearing the wrappers off their presents,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping, eating pepperpot and homemade bread for breakfast; stuffed turkey as the main course for lunch and black cake and ginger beer for dessert with their ‘family.’
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-16 15:16 , Processed in 0.078413 second(s), 25 queries .