3萬

帖子

10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2017-1-10 08:03:33 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Alison Richter of GuitarWorld.com recently conducted an interview with STATIC-X frontman Wayne Static about his upcoming solo album, "Pighammer". A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.GuitarWorld.com: When and where did you record this album?Wayne: About a year and a half ago,Texas Rangers Joey Gallo Jersey, we sold our house and moved out to the desert by Joshua Tree. There's a little studio here called Giant Rock Studio and we pretty much lived there for an entire year. I wrote and recorded at the same time, so it was a much different process. In the past I'd write a song,Jaromir Jagr Jersey, make demos, give the demos to the band,Sean Lee Jersey, get together with the band, do a month of rehearsals and everyone changed things and added their own parts. Then we'd go to another studio and try to recreate some kind of excitement that I had when I wrote the songs, which I think gets lost by the end of that process. This time, I was recording while I was writing, so there's a lot of excitement captured in the recordings. I played everything on the record, and my wife [Tera Wray] did the female vocal bits here and there. I produced and I had an engineer,Toronto Blue Jays Russell Martin Jersey, Jack Keener, helping me out. I've known him for a few years, but this was the first time we worked together. It's good to have somebody there to work the machinery and turn the knobs, because sometimes it's a lot to do by yourself and you get more caught up in turning knobs than performing.GuitarWorld.com: Did you miss interacting and collaborating with a band?Wayne: No,Texas Rangers Jurickson Profar Jersey, not really. I've always written by myself. I've never been in a situation where the whole band sat in a room and wrote a song. I don't work that way. I always write by myself,St. Louis Cardinals Matt Carpenter Jersey, and it was really very comfortable and very rewarding to not have to compromise.GuitarWorld.com: Did any of the songs change gears during the tracking process?Wayne: I'm always working on multiple songs at a time. There's usually a couple of songs on the record that come together relatively fast, a day or two, but most of the songs are a process over many months where I'll work on a song until I get bored with it,Travis Wood Cubs Jersey, set it aside and move on to something else. Some of the songs I never come back to. After months,Baltimore Orioles Eddie Murray Jersey, if I still come back to it and get excited, then I know it's good.GuitarWorld.com: What is your preferred method for tracking vocals?Wayne: I did it the same way I recorded all my demos for STATIC-X to present to the band. I start with a drum loop, add some keyboards and guitars and build it up from there. It's just a natural way of doing things for me. It's the way I've always done it, and the vocal usually comes last. I usually have rhythmic ideas during the whole process,Chicago Cubs Hector Rondon Jersey, but I generally don't write lyrics until the very end and then record that. There is no editing on this. I didn't record on a computer. I recorded 24 tracks, so everything is what it is. It's all live performances, obviously punched in here and there, but I didn't do any editing. I don't like to do any editing on guitars. I think the more editing you do, it just takes away from the feel of the performance. That's the way I recorded vocals, even when we did record on Pro Tools. I never really liked the whole computer-editing thing. It just takes all the soul out of it.GuitarWorld.com: Did you double a lot of the parts?Wayne: I figured out over the years what works for me. I double all my vocals. It gives it balls. I've been doing that for so long that it's really easy for me to double and have things pretty tight. Guitars, I do main left and right and then double things up on choruses at times.Read the entire interview from GuitarWorld.com.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 01:45 , Processed in 0.080802 second(s), 25 queries .