主題

帖子

1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-12-3 08:12:33 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Without a full complement of receivers,Authentic Atlanta Falcons Jersey, facing a Tennessee team that is 10th in pass defense could be more of a challenge for McGloin.
Notes: Quarterback Terrelle Pryor (knee) remains limited and is questionable. ... Injured running back Darren McFadden,Chad Williams Jersey, defensive end Jason Hunter and safety Tyvon Branch have all been declared out. ... WR Andre Holmes, who missed the first four games of the season serving an NFL suspension for PEDs, will start in Moore's absence.
Rivera called it his moment of arrival in the NFL, though the 6-foot-3, 245-pound former Tennessee star is quick to acknowledge he's still in the infancy of his development.
ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) — One of the byproducts of quarterback Matt McGloin's rise to the top of Oakland's depth chart last week was the production of rookie tight end Mychal Rivera.
Rivera might be needed a little bit more this week.
"I think Mychal Rivera's done a nice job," Oakland coach Dennis Allen said. "He understands the passing game. Obviously, he's a rookie so he still makes mistake but every week I've seen him continue to get better, so I'm pleased with where he's at."
That's where the tight ends may come into play, as a safety outlet for McGloin if plays break down.
Mastrud has started seven games this season but has been used primarily as a blocker while Rivera has caught 23 of the 32 passes thrown his way this season.
"I just want to build every week," said Rivera,Wholesale Soccer Jerseys, who has two touchdowns receptions. "Last game I had five catches. I'm going to try to get seven catches this game. You always want to build on what you did last week, and I know I can do better than what I did last week. And next week I'm going to be saying the same thing."
Oakland's offensive line has been battered all season and has needed the extra blocking support from the tight ends. Oakland has also used three different starting quarterbacks this year.
Until last week,Cheap Hockey Jerseys Official, the Raiders hadn't gotten many plays at all out of their tight ends. A combination of things has played into it.
At his current pace, Rivera will finish with just 37 receptions — fewer than half the total made in 2012 by then-Raiders tight end Brandon Myers.
Still, the drop-off in tight end production is a huge departure from what Oakland is used to getting from that position.
Oakland will be without leading wide receiver Denarius Moore, who sat out his third straight practice with a shoulder injury. That leaves the Raiders with just one receiver who has caught more than 10 passes — Rod Streater, who has 35 receptions.
"Really it all depends on the scheme, the play call, who we're playing," Rivera said. "Just like with anything,Benson Mayowa Jersey, if coach wants to be pass heavy (with) a lot of routes, we'd be able to do that. Whatever the scheme is I go with and do the best that I can."
"You always want to make plays, that's what you come into the game to do,Artie Burns Jersey," Rivera said Friday. "But you also have to realize those plays come in many ways. Those plays can come in a backside block, a touchdown pass. Those plays can also be just helping out the guy next to you and doing what you need to do. That's what a real playmaker needs to do."

One of the team's four picks in the sixth round of this year's draft, Rivera had gone mostly unnoticed through the Raiders' first nine games before catching a season-high five passes, including a go-ahead 26-yard touchdown, in a 28-23 win over the Houston Texans.
Since 2006, tight ends have led the Raiders in receptions four times, including Myers who caught 79 passes last season before signing with the New York Giants as a free agent in the offseason. When Myers left, it created a void Oakland tried to fill by drafting Rivera and signing veteran Jeron Mastrud.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 00:44 , Processed in 0.081811 second(s), 25 queries .