找回密碼
 立即註冊

Login

免註冊即享有會員功能

搜索
熱搜: 活動 交友 discuz
查看: 7|回復: 0
打印 上一主題 下一主題

World Soccer Shop Seattle knew it had its defensive leader for years to come.

[複製鏈接]

主題

帖子

1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-12-7 21:12:53 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Sunday's matchup features the two best young middle linebackers in the NFL with Carolina's Luke Kuechly and Wagner. Kuechly got the upper hand in the individual,Cheap MLB Gear, season-long matchup between the two,Cheap NBA Gear, winning defensive rookie of the year honors with Wagner coming in second.
Just like quarterback Russell Wilson, Wagner was a big question for the Seahawks when the 2012 season opener arrived. By the end of the year, just like Wilson on the offensive side, Seattle knew it had its defensive leader for years to come.
But they didn't want too much loaded on Wagner's broad shoulders from the beginning. He is still relatively young — only 23 entering his second season — so for his first NFL game last season at Arizona, it wasn't Wagner calling the plays.
Wagner heads back to Carolina this week for the Seahawks season opener, looking to exceed the production of a rookie season when he was at the center of one of the best defenses in the NFL.
"A full season helps you out a lot,Swingman Nike NBA Jerseys," Wright said. "He had a great rookie season and this year should be even better."
"Yeah, I think as far as the media that was the first time they saw my speed but my speed hasn't changed. I've always been fast," Wagner said. "But me tracking down Cam Newton that was something you all seen for the first time."
"I don't think anybody could have thought he'd be as good as he is,Cheap Hockey Jerseys Official," Seahawks linebackers coach Ken Norton Jr. said. "This kid has everything that you want. He's got blazing speed. He's really smart. He's very physical. He looks the part; he's got these big muscles.  He's got this inner motivation and drive about him that's just unmatchable. Combining all that with experience in Year 2, I think there really are no limits to what he can do."
Notes: DE Cliff Avril (hamstring) is doubtful for Sunday,Kyle Wiltjer Jersey, although Carroll said he'd be a game-time decision. CB Brandon Browner (hamstring) is questionable, while DTs Tony McDaniel (groin) and Brandon Mebane (groin) are both probable. ... Carroll expanded on a tweet from injured WR Percy Harvin (hip) earlier this week where Harvin indicated he was shooting at being healthy by Week 7. "I think that he's going to surprise the doctors and all that. He's been extremely proactive. Nothing but positive reports coming out, his attitude has been great about it in every way; he's doing things twice a day here. He's giving himself a chance to hit that mark and that's optimistic but still,Angel Di Maria Jersey, he's thinking it's real and we are going with it and we will see what happens."
Instead, the earpiece was in the helmet of teammate K.J. Wright and he was the one organizing the Seahawks defense. That wasn't a slight against Wagner, but a realistic approach for a rookie in his NFL debut. And it didn't last long either. Wright believes that was the only game last season where Wagner didn't make all the defensive calls.
RENTON, Wash. (AP) — Bobby Wagner showed enough in training camp a year ago that the Seattle Seahawks were comfortable heading into the regular season with a rookie drafted in the second round from a non-BCS school starting at middle linebacker.
"Our games are a little different, but I see the similarities that people say," Wagner said. "I like to consider myself a different linebacker from him. He makes a lot of tackles, I try and make a lot of plays all around."
It wasn't until Wagner chased down Carolina quarterback Cam Newton from behind in Week 5 a year ago that everyone else started to take notice of what Wagner was doing.

Wagner finished the season with 140 total tackles, three interceptions and two sacks, and added another 17 tackles and an interception in Seattle's two playoff games. Wagner finished with double-digit tackles in a game six times last season and he ranked seventh overall in the NFL in tackles.
Seattle believed they had a younger, faster, bigger version of its previous middle linebackers — David Hawthorne and Lofa Tatupu — when they took Wagner out of Utah State. From the start, coach Pete Carroll said the intent was for Wagner to be their season-opening starter and he earned the position with an impressive preseason.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 08:08 , Processed in 0.070489 second(s), 28 queries .