A-Plus互動討論區

找回密碼
 立即註冊

Login

免註冊即享有會員功能

搜索
熱搜: 活動 交友 discuz
查看: 3|回復: 0

Anthony Tolliver Jersey Murray had to wait until the third quarter to make amend

[複製鏈接]

主題

帖子

1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-12-8 01:02:38 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"Hypothetical decisions are hard to deal with from this podium," he said with a smile.
But the coach clearly was fed up after the loose ball on the Cowboys' fifth offensive play just one week after they had five turnovers in the first half and six total in a loss at Arizona.
The Cowboys have preached carrying the ball "high and tight" throughout the preseason, and Murray was simply the latest to violate that rule in a game.
Phillip Tanner got the rest of the carries before halftime — and finished the half with 39 yards on 14 tries. Yet Tanner knows who's starting and who's still fighting for a roster spot.
Regardless, the message was received.
Garrett's usually not one to share when he's trying to send a message,Anthony Tolliver Jersey, but didn't hesitate when it came to Murray's miscue — after the game or in Monday's meeting with reporters. There's just one area he didn't really care to address — whether he would do the same thing in a regular-season game.
"I wasn't mad at anyone," said Murray,Brandon Ingram Jersey, who fumbled inside the Dallas 10 the third time he touched the ball but was bailed out by offensive lineman Jermey Parnell's recovery. "I wasn't pouting on the sidelines. I was waiting for my opportunity to get back in the game. Once my number was called, I was ready to play."
"Can't happen," Garrett said,Antonio Brown Jersey, pointing out that avoiding turnovers was a "huge emphasis" in training camp and had to be reinforced after the loss to the Cardinals. "I don't care who you are. We can't have it. DeMarco's a man. He understands what his role is on this football team. We just felt that was the right thing to do, and he responded exactly how we thought he would respond."
Murray was carrying the ball just loosely enough for a Cincinnati defender to punch it out when he was trying to fight for extra yardage.
"When (Murray) makes a mistake, he has the same mindset," said Tanner, who will play while Murray sits Thursday night because most of the starters are expected to be held out of the preseason finale at home against Houston. "He just sits back to himself, he calms down, he gets himself together and he goes out and plays football at its highest level."
Lance Dunbar, who could be Murray's backup if he can recover from a sprained foot in time, lost a ball against the Cardinals when he stretch it over his head and lost control as he was falling backward after a long run. Receiver Dez Bryant had the ball stripped after a nice gain on a catch and run against Arizona.

Murray acknowledged Monday that he was frustrated by the move. And he definitely got the message because he had 45 rushing yards and a 7-yard scoring catch on one drive when coach Jason Garrett gave him another chance after sitting him three straight series in the Cowboys' 24-18 victory Saturday.
Notes: The Cowboys released DT Jeris Pendleton on Monday,Andre Burakovsky Jersey. More cuts are coming with Tuesday's requirement to reduce the roster to 75 players. ... CB Morris Claiborne returned to practice 20 days after going out with a jammed left knee,Wholesale MLB Jerseys. He isn't sure if he will play against the Texans in order to make up for lost time. ... WR Cole Beasley returned to practice after spraining ligaments in his left foot in the second preseason game at Oakland. ... DT Jason Hatcher sat out with a sprained ankle but said it wasn't serious.
Murray had to wait until the third quarter to make amends, and he was taking handoffs from Kyle Orton instead of Tony Romo. But he did have the first-team offensive line in front of him.
Taking his cooking analogy one step further, the Dallas Cowboys running back was never boiling even though he was forced to watch a quarter and a half.
Garrett didn't bench the third-year back immediately after the miscue — Murray handled the ball twice more before a Dallas punt.
IRVING, Texas (AP) — DeMarco Murray let his mind "marinate" while he was benched for fumbling in a preseason game against Cincinnati.
"Mentally, I'm always ready to play," Murray said. "I made a mistake and I can't let that happen. No one needs to motivate me. I know how to motivate myself. Just got to get things better."
"I wouldn't say it got my attention,Adrian Wilson Jersey, I know how important the ball is," Murray said. "You can't fumble. Since I've been carrying the ball from high school to college, even here, I've never been a fumbler. So, I'm not worried about it."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 08:21 , Processed in 0.074868 second(s), 23 queries .