主題

帖子

1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2019-1-9 20:00:47 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
On the 98-yard punt return, tied for third longest in NFL history, the Colts got perhaps a finger on Austin.
Austin couldn't have been on the top of the Colts' defensive game plan, much less a candidate for the infinitely more difficult NFL version of a hockey hat trick: three consecutive touchdowns. Not with NFL-low averages of 6.7 yards per catch and 4.7 yards per punt return.
Blink, and he's gone.

Coach Jeff Fisher, who typically skimps on the compliments, ranked Austin's show as "close to the top" in all his years in the NFL.
The biggest issue is finding consistency on a big-play defense, especially against the run: The Colts were held to 18 yards rushing,Nike Air Max Norge, but a week earlier the Titans gained 198.
Most memorable in the early going, perhaps, were the big plays that didn't count. There were enough punt returns called back by penalties that Fisher applauded him for special teams contributions that did not stick, whether or not the illegal block in question was directly responsible.
ST. LOUIS (AP) — After waving teammates away from the ball, Tavon Austin stayed close. He was worried the Indianapolis Colts might down it near the goal line.
The Colts were shocked when Austin fielded the punt, but Rams special teamers recovered in plenty of time to pave the way.
Kellen Clemens is coming off a career day, too. The two longest completions of his career went to Austin.
A 98-yard punt return brought the St. Louis Rams' draft-day gadget pick to life in Week 10, the play lasting approximately the same amount of time as his reasoning for taking the risk that propelled his team into the bye week.
With Austin doing the fanciest footwork.
The next few seconds were a blur of fearless decision-making, instincts and raw speed. The rookie's long-awaited breakout day was off to the races.
"I don't know what the projections are," Clemens said. "I think we've still got a chance, obviously,Cheap Jerseys From China, to get into the dance at the end of the year."
Austin kept telling himself, "I can do it."
Even after Sunday's display helped the Rams end a three-game losing streak, there's plenty to tap. Austin has dropped seven passes, tied for the league high according to STATS.
Before rolling up 138 yards on two long scoring catches, Austin peaked at 47 yards in Week 2. His best day on punt returns was 33 yards on three attempts against Tennessee.
"Me, coming out, I put pressure on myself just knowing how competitive I am," Austin said. "I wanted to help the team. But overall,Maglia Ufficiale Milan 2018/19, you've just got to go out and have fun."
Austin avoided post-game questions following a victory over the Jaguars at home and fled the locker room without removing eye black. He had four punt returns for 15 yards that game, another 72 yards wiped out.
"I knew the ball was bouncing my way," Austin said Wednesday. "So, something told me to grab it, and I did. I had a couple blocks and I made a play."
Austin is just the third player in NFL history to score three touchdowns on plays of 50 or more yards in a game,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping.
Having Austin loom larger on the scouting report can only help an offense that's trying to overcome quarterback Sam Bradford's season-ending knee injury.
Rookie Zac Stacy is a keeper at running back with a pair of 100-yard games and three touchdowns the last three weeks, and the line is improved with Rodger Saffold, a longtime starter at tackle,Cheap Jerseys Store, plugged in at right guard in place of injured Harvey Dahl.
Though they're last in the NFC West, a complete effort against the Colts should boost the Rams' confidence when they return from the bye with a home game against the Bears.
Nobody touched Austin on the 57-yard score and the 81-yarder, both victimizing Vontae Davis. The last TD of the day featured 75 yards after the catch off a crossing pattern on third-and-9.
"Working with him every day in practice makes it a lot easier for me because there are not too many Tavon Austins out there," Rams cornerback Trumaine Johnson said. "I've watched the tape from West Virginia, when he scored every time he touched the ball."
The kid caught the Colts flat-footed three times, treating them like a garden variety opponent from his touchdown-machine days at West Virginia in Sunday's surprising 38-8 road blowout of the AFC South leaders. Thus emboldened, Austin then attempted to outrun his previously pedestrian NFL output prior to the game.
"Confidence is the No. 1 thing," Austin said. "My confidence never went down. My coaches and my family kept telling me to be patient, and when my time comes it's going to come."
"Had guys down there and a bunch of guys maybe assuming play's going to be downed at the 1," coach Chuck Pagano said. "We told our guys — they knew — this guy would catch it at the 1, catch it 5 yards deep."
"Anytime we can get the ball in his hands, we expect him to go the distance," teammate Ray Ray Armstrong said. "That's why we never quit. He takes chances back there."
The Rams (4-6) traded up eight spots to grab one of the fastest players of the draft with the eighth overall pick. Then,Camiseta Real Madrid Tienda, they waited.
Austin scored 17 touchdowns his senior season at West Virginia, including one each on punt and kickoff returns. He holds school records for all-purpose yards and receptions and though he's just 5-foot-8 and 172 pounds, Austin hasn't missed a game in high school, college or the pros.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-19 18:22 , Processed in 0.096517 second(s), 25 queries .