1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2019-1-25 00:12:24 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"You have to be careful because you want to play him everywhere," defensive coordinator Alan Williams said, adding: "Then I think you water down what a guy does. ... Limit the stuff that he does and let him go out there and play and hone his craft."
"I've matured. It takes time to mature. People have their problems that they have to overcome, and the setbacks that you have, you become stronger at the end of them when you push through it," Griffen said.

He played sparingly that first season, and shortly after it was over he was arrested for an alleged assault on a police officer in Los Angeles during a scuffle that ensued from a traffic stop,Cheap NFL Jerseys, though a felony charge was not pursued by authorities. In 2011, Griffen's playing time increased as he became the primary backup to Allen and Robison after the departure of Ray Edwards. But he was still prone to untimely and costly penalties, and his main value remained on special teams.
"I'm just trying to play football right now and get better, set my foundation like everybody else," Griffen said. "Show the coaches I can be accountable for their coaching, that they can trust me. It starts with trust in this league, and I would love to be that veteran guy they can count on for next season, but we're at this season right now, 2013."
"He's been a bright spot, the way he's practiced, the attitude that he's had," Frazier said. "Really looking forward to watching how he develops."
The blocker across from him, impeding his path to the elusive passer, was his own lack of focus and discipline.
"I talk to him all of the time about being one of those guys that I hope one day will be able to stand up in front of a room and talk to the young guys about 'this is where I was, but this is where I am today.' He's come a long ways,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, and we're very proud of what he's been able to accomplish," Frazier said.
"The more reps you get in this league the better you're going to be," he said.
MANKATO, Minn. (AP) — For Everson Griffen, becoming an established and productive player for the Minnesota Vikings was like the quarterback he's trained to chase.
Griffen fell to the fourth round in the draft out of USC after his junior year, and Vikings director of college scouting Scott Studwell said described Griffen that day as a guy who "enjoyed the college life a little bit" when acknowledging the discipline concerns that caused him to slip down the board.
He's in the final year of the rookie contract he signed in 2010, but starters Jared Allen and Brian Robison are also playing on expiring deals, like stalwart under tackle Kevin Williams. By far the youngest of those three, Griffen could be in line for a big-money extension by the end of the year if he picks up where he left off last season.
NOTES: LB Desmond Bishop (groin) and CB Xavier Rhodes (hamstring) each missed practice due to lingering leg muscle injuries. CB Josh Robinson (hamstring) and FS Mistral Raymond (hamstring) have been on that list but were back in the mix for drills Monday. ... Rookie Cordarrelle Patterson will be the kickoff returner. He's being evaluated as a punt returner, too, perhaps in the exhibition game Friday. Others in the mix behind incumbent Marcus Sherels are Stephen Burton,Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys, Bobby Felder and possibly Jarius Wright. Patterson happened to be there in practice Monday when rookie Jeff Locke's punt from the end zone soared over his head, about 65 yards in the air with a tail wind, and rolled after the landing to around the other 10-yard line. Yes, that's 90 yards.
Last summer, the Vikings toyed with using Griffen at outside linebacker,China Jerseys Wholesale, intrigued by the athleticism in his 6-foot-3, 275-pound frame. The experiment quickly ended when both sides determined there wasn't a fit.
"He has such a really special combination of speed and burst along with power, and it's rare to find guys like that," Daly said. "You'll find lighter guys who are explosive, fast, can turn the corner, can dip and can bend,Air Max 90 Uitverkoop, but they don't always have the explosiveness and the powerful strength that he's got."
Griffen, who has a six-month-old son,Cheap Jerseys China, Grayson, and is engaged to be married next summer, pointed to increased playing time as additional fuel for his improvement.
There was a time when coach Leslie Frazier wasn't sure Griffen would last this long in the league, let alone with the Vikings.
"He has been as dialed in as I've seen him right now and really was for the last half of last year," defensive line coach Brendan Daly said.
Said Robison: "I think we've all tried to help him. We've seen that he's going to be a great player in this league for years to come, so we want to help him come along. The better he is, the better we are as a group."
Last year, he finally broke through.
They've settled on using him at nose tackle in the nickel package when Letroy Guion comes out in obvious passing situations as well as at both end spots to give Allen and Robison breaks.
The Vikings will gladly keep giving them out.
Last year, while carrying the grief of the sudden death of his mother, Griffen collected nine of his 12 career sacks, including one in the playoff game at Green Bay. To get there, Vikings used the three sacks he had against the Packers the week before in that must-win regular season finale. Griffen had 28 quarterback hurries over those 17 games, and he also produced his first career interception and touchdown.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 18:42 , Processed in 0.072027 second(s), 26 queries .