1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2019-2-3 16:07:19 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
He didn't in San Francisco's exhibition opener last week against Denver, when Jenkins lost a fumble after his only reception. Jenkins and the 49ers are looking for better results when the team travels to Kansas City for Friday's game against the Chiefs.

The 49ers are anxious to speed along Jenkins' development because they need him. Michael Crabtree, San Francisco's No. 1 wideout who had a career season last year, is out until at least November with a torn Achilles tendon. Mario Manningham,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys, the team's second-leading receiver last season, has yet to practice this summer as he continues to recover from a December knee injury.
San Francisco signed experienced veteran free agents Austin Collie and Lavelle Hawkins on Aug. 2 to compete for roster berths. The 49ers started fourth-year veteran Marlon Moore,NFL Jerseys From China, also acquired during the offseason, opposite Boldin against Denver.
Neither does Jenkins,Vyprodej Nike Boty.
The 49ers expected Jenkins to develop into a playmaker when they selected him with the No. 30 overall pick of last year's draft. But he was a nonfactor as a rookie, finishing the season with zero receptions and dropping the only pass thrown his way. Jenkins played in only three games and was inactive for 11 others.
That leaves a lot of opportunity for Jenkins, and the 49ers remain confident he will take advantage of it.
The team's 2012 first-round draft pick has impressed teammates and coaches alike with his hard work and big-play potential this summer. But after an unproductive rookie season, there are immediate expectations for Jenkins to start delivering in games.
"A.J.'s working hard, A.J.'s out there competing hard," offensive coordinator Greg Roman said. "He had a couple of plays the other night that he'd like to have back, but he had some good plays. We're of the ilk that you come in after a game, you learn from it,Autentic Hockey Jerseys Outlet, you move on and you get better. A.J. does a lot of really good things and he's just got to continue to work and get better day by day."
Jenkins lost a fumble after his only reception, and was the intended receiver on both of San Francisco's interceptions — the only two other passes thrown his way. He didn't turn around to look for the football in time on the first pick, and on the second he didn't go up in the air to fight for the football with a safety on an overthrown pass.
He has had good days and bad days during training camp, but last week's loss to the Broncos wasn't among the best. Jenkins played 39 snaps — 11 more than any other San Francisco receiver — but failed to make the most of the extended playing time.
The 49ers acquired veteran Anquan Boldin via trade during the offseason, and he's now entrenched as San Francisco's top receiver. But the team still is uncertain who will be the other starter, or who will even fill the other top receiving roles in the season opener Sept. 8 against Green Bay.
Jenkins is aware he has yet to live up to his draft status. But that's not making him any more anxious for his next test against the Chiefs.
"I don't feel no pressure,NHL Jerseys Wholesale," Jenkins said Thursday. "I just go out there and play football. Right now, I'm just trying to play my best football. I'm not worried about all that other stuff. Just keep working hard and keep trying to make plays for this team, and everything else will take care of itself."
"I really like A.J. Jenkins," tight end Vernon Davis said. "He has a lot of potential. He's smooth, he's fast, and he wants to succeed. He's still learning the game, and it will take time. It's just taking him a little time, but he will get there. He's definitely a tremendous asset to this team, and I think he will be prepared by the start of the season."
With veteran Kyle Williams also coming off a knee injury suffered late last season, Jenkins is competing with several newcomer veterans to fill San Francisco's substantial void at the position.
Next stop: Kansas City, where Roman said Jenkins again is "going to get a healthy amount of reps."
SANTA CLARA,Patriots Jersey Liii Jersey, Calif. (AP) — The San Francisco 49ers don't seem too concerned with wide receiver A.J. Jenkins' slow start to the preseason.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-23 19:12 , Processed in 0.077992 second(s), 26 queries .