主題

帖子

1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2019-2-11 17:34:38 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"He returned a kickoff about 99 yards against Pace High School out of Florida, and Pace High School's pretty darn good," Vickery said. "You saw it coming."
Yeldon's reaction to the biggest play of his career perhaps sums up his public demeanor.
He racked up 153 yards against Georgia in the SEC title game and followed that with 108 yards against Notre Dame. Coach Nick Saban said he's "a complete player" who knows the offense and can block and catch, too.
Coaches and teammates unanimously responded with "quiet" when asked to describe Yeldon's personality but also say he has a funny side.
He set Alabama's freshman record with 1,108 yards and finished with huge performances in the SEC and national title games. One thing Yeldon isn't shy about is his ambition to outshine his recent predecessors and other Tide tailbacks like former NFL MVP Shaun Alexander and Bobby Humphrey.
"When you see T.J., he was that five-star recruit and now he's a Heisman candidate but he'd just as soon sit in the back of the locker room and talk to his teammates and do what kids do," Vickery said. "He'd rather somebody else get the limelight and the camera. He didn't beat his own chest. He didn't walk around celebrating that he was a four-star or five-star recruit.
The Crimson Tide are ranked No. 1 in The Associated Press preseason college football poll that was released Saturday and Yeldon will play a major role in their attempt to become the first team to win three straight national titles.
He isn't running from his ambition to be the best Alabama tailback ever.
To Daphne High School coach Glenn Vickery, that's just T.J.
Yeldon had only 11 catches last season, but his old coach said he has "very similar type hands" to another south Alabama product, Atlanta Falcons and ex-Tide receiver Julio Jones.
"I just don't really like talking," Yeldon said. "But I can't run from it, so I get used to it. It doesn't bother me now."
He was happily shielded from interviews most of last season because of Saban's policy keeping freshmen off-limits,Boty Nike Levn��.
After catching a game-winning touchdown pass against LSU, he kind of half-flapped his arms while looking into the stands. Then he walked along the sidelines, helmet still on, barely pausing for congratulations from coaches and a back-slap from Ingram.
Yeldon follows BCS championship game MVP Eddie Lacy, who replaced 2011 Heisman Trophy finalist Trent Richardson, who succeeded 2009 Heisman winner Mark Ingram. Richardson and Ingram have turned in the top two single-season rushing performances in school history and been first-round NFL draft picks.
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — T.J. Yeldon might be top-ranked Alabama's next great tailback but that doesn't mean he's eager to chat about it.
"I'm always going to be motivated," he said. "I'm just trying to be the best I can be, the best running back to ever come through here."
"We expect him to have a great year,Cheap Jerseys From China," Saban said, "and we're hopeful that he'll be able to stay healthy."
The Crimson Tide's reticent runner said he doesn't like doing media interviews and that he seldom gets recognized on campus. Chatty or not, it probably won't be possible for Yeldon to maintain that low profile as he takes over the lead role in 'Bama's backfield after shining on national stages as a freshman.
Vickery also recalled the U.S. Army All-American Game, where Yeldon was content to let other highly rated backs like Texas-bound Malcolm Brown and Barry Sanders, who signed with Stanford, get much of the attention. At least until he caught a pass in the flat,Discount Jerseys, made a nifty move and hurdled a defender.
Yeldon arrived in Tuscaloosa in January 2012 — after initially committing to rival Auburn — as a coveted recruit. He captivated fans with an MVP performance in the spring game and became the first Alabama freshman to debut with a 100-yard performance on national TV against Michigan.
Yeldon,Nike Air Max Australia Sale, who often lined up as a slot receiver early in his prep career, scored the winning touchdown in the 2010 state championship game after lining up at Wildcat quarterback. He had also joined the varsity late in the season as a 9th-grader.
"You could almost see a smile underneath that helmet," said Vickery, Yeldon's coach from middle school through high school. "That's his emotion. You didn't see any kind of dance, you didn't see any kind of movement."
There's little doubt Yeldon can be another strong link in that chain,Cheap NFL Shop.
"His personality's different than a lot of those kids that just want to announce it and talk about it,Cheap Hydro Flask. He's a quiet kid."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 03:38 , Processed in 0.070948 second(s), 25 queries .