1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2019-2-28 20:27:15 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Notes: Chiefs OG Jon Asamoah (right calf strain) and LB Nico Johnson (high right ankle sprain) did not practice Wednesday. Geoff Schwartz will start if Asamoah is unable to play. ,Air Max Schweiz... DL Allen Bailey was absent from practice while dealing with a family matter.
The Jaguars will send a pair of veterans in defensive end Jason Babin and outside linebacker Geno Hayes right at Fisher, while Joeckel will have to contend with a pair of Pro Bowl linebackers in the Chiefs' Tamba Hali and Justin Houston.
The parallels don't end there, either. Both have been dealing with nagging injuries that caused them to miss practice time, and both are getting healthy just in time for their season opener.
Both of the teams got what they wanted in April.
Rumors early in the draft process swirled around Joeckel going first overall,Adam Shaheen Jersey, but in the last few days before the draft, it became clear that Fisher was going to be the Chiefs' pick.
Nor does it happen very often that the top two picks in the draft make their first NFL starts on the same field, at the same position. Fisher and Joeckel both played on the left side during their college careers, but they moved to the right side early on this offseason.
They had Joeckel at No. 1 all along.
"We don't really have any relationship other than the fact that we're the first and second pick. There's not really that much there," Fisher said. "It's always been competition between me and him. We're competitive people and just trying to do our best at this thing."
Fisher and Joeckel will both have their hands full on Sunday.
"I thought both of them were good football players," Chiefs coach Andy Reid said, "and both of them are going to have long careers in the National Football League, and very successful careers."
Fisher admitted that it felt good to go No. 1, though, just as Joeckel acknowledged that it was a bitter disappointment to fall to No. 2.
The two grew accustomed to seeing each other on the workout circuit leading up to the draft, and Fisher admitted that there was competition to see which of them would go No. 1 overall.
Now, the Chiefs and Jaguars will get a good idea who fared best when Fisher and Joeckel make their NFL debuts. Kansas City visits Jacksonville on Sunday with both players set to start at right tackle for teams coming off 2-14 seasons.
That's also a reason they never became chummy,Adidas Shoes Clearance Sale.
The question that Reid refused to answer Wednesday was what separated Fisher from Joeckel on the Chiefs' draft board,Adidas Shoes Online Sale Australia. Joeckel was considered the more polished option after protecting Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel at Texas A&M — playing in the SEC helped with that — while Fisher's raw ability left many scouts with the belief that the Central Michigan star harbored greater upside.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The Kansas City Chiefs had offensive tackle Eric Fisher rated No. 1 on their draft board. The Jacksonville Jaguars had fellow offensive tackle Luke Joeckel rated first on their board.
"We really liked them both," Bradley said. "If Fisher would have fell to us, we would have been excited, too, but we felt like Luke in talking to him, his play on tape,Scarpe Nike Air Force Just Do It, conversations we had with him, we had him rated higher, but it wasn't a significant difference."
"Yeah, that's going to be a great matchup," Joeckel said. "This is the NFL and I'm going to see great pass rushers every single week. This will be a great start to it all. I definitely have to earn my stripes in this league. I have to play my game and get better every single week."
In other words, Bradley didn't seem to care a whole lot who fell to the Jaguars — they were getting a solid offensive tackle either way. But it sure meant something to Fisher and Joeckel.
"It's a great comparison, being 1 and 2 and being the same position," Jaguars coach Gus Bradley said. "They're talented on the ends, the tackle spot. Any time you get a guy like that, that talented at right tackle, you just don't see them that often."
Not that Bradley and the Jaguars were upset with that turn of events.
"Every guy was competing for that first pick. There's a little bit of a chip," he said. "But I'm ready to go. I'm glad I'm here and I'm playing for the Jags. Now,Autentic Hockey Jerseys Outlet, we've got to go get a win."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 21:24 , Processed in 0.066085 second(s), 26 queries .