10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-1-23 13:20:57 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Guyana-born American citizen Calvin Benjamin’s first homecoming in 23 years will certainly be difficult to forget, thanks to some inconsiderate officials at the Cheddi Jagan International Airport,Eduardo Vargas Chile Jersey, Timehri.Benjamin’s 17-month old pet puppy which he brought all the way from the United States,Paulo Garces Chile Jersey, has disappeared and officials at the airport are telling him that they were forced to put it down and cremate it.Of course Benjamin does not believe their story, but then again, he has been hitting a brick wall with his complaints,Julio Dominguez Mexico Jersey, leaving him to conclude that he will never see his pet again,Adrian Aldrete Mexico Jersey, dead or alive.In an interview with this newspaper yesterday,Maxi Pereira Uruguay Jersey, Benjamin said that the pet had been a part of his family for nearly two years, ever since his wife was diagnosed with cancer.This year, he decided to take the long awaited trip back home and since he had no one to take care of the animal while he was away he made all the necessary arrangements (or so he thought) to bring along his dog, which weighed approximately 10 pounds.According to Benjamin, when he contacted the airline, there was no suggestion that he would have had any difficulty bring the pup along with him on his trip to Guyana.“When I called Delta,Jesus Molina Mexico Jersey, they said that I just had to pay the US$240 and the dog can travel with me in the cabin,” he explained.All went well until he arrived in Guyana on Thursday morning.Officials at the Cheddi Jagan International Airport,Giovani dos Santos Mexico Jersey, upon seeing the dog, promptly demanded from Benjamin the necessary documentation for the animal.“They wanted to know if he was up to date in terms of the necessary vaccines. I did not have his clinic card, so I had to call home and asked the Vet to fax down the stuff to Guyana.”In the meantime, the airport officials informed Benjamin that they had no choice but to quarantine the animal until the required documentation arrived.Benjamin told Kaieteur News that a few hours later that day,Enrique Esqueda Mexico Jersey, the required information was passed on to the officials who were in possession of his dog and he began making moves to retrieve the animal from Timehri.But he soon got the shock of his life; the airport officials informed him that they had killed his pet.“They told me that somebody high up gave the order (to kill the dog). They said that three Vets did the procedure.”And if that was not enough, when Benjamin enquired about the remains of his pet, he was told that it was already cremated.“I cooperated with them; the dog did not have any disease like rabies or anything. I never saw the body; they said they burn it, but where? I did not sign anything giving them permission to put my dog down,” a distraught Benjamin told this newspaper.He is convinced that his pet is still alive,Edinson Cavani Uruguay Jersey, but that someone wants him more than him.“What am I going to tell my kids?” he asked.He plans to make further efforts to ensure that he is satisfied with the fate of the dog that he has spent so much time and money to care for.His story comes a week after this newspaper highlighted an American air hostess’ attraction to a stray dog in Guyana, which led to her adopting the animal and taking it to her homeland.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 17:56 , Processed in 0.068060 second(s), 26 queries .