1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2019-3-9 14:08:03 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Harry Douglas, long the No. 3 receiver behind Julio Jones and Roddy White, had seven catches for a career-best 149 yards. Drew Davis made a brilliant one-handed grab along the sideline. And,Corey Brewer Jersey, most stunning of all, the diminutive Johnson contributed right away.
The Cardinals are likely to mimic that strategy, which should give Douglas & Co. more opportunities.
Until White gets healthy, opposing defenses are likely to gear their coverages toward tight end Tony Gonzalez. That's just what Tampa Bay did,Wholesale China Jerseys, holding the future Hall of Famer to a pair of catches for 30 yards — the fewest receptions he's had in a game this season.
Neither was drafted after college. Davis, who played at Oregon,Cheap Shoes Free Shipping, spent most of his rookie season on special teams a year ago, though he did haul in first career touchdowns against the Eagles. Johnson, who played his college ball at SMU, had done his best to impress the coaches in practice, but his elevation to the main roster was largely due to the team's dire situation at receiver.
"It was nice to see those guys get their opportunity to contribute," coach Mike Smith said Thursday. "We've known for a long time that Harry Douglas is an outstanding receiver. We just haven't had an opportunity to always target him because of the other guys on our football team. There's only so many passes you can throw."
If he has another game like the last one, he'll certainly be in line for more spacious digs.
Even so, the Falcons receiver barely fits into one of the tiny lockers they dole out to practice squad players.
NOTES: RB Stephen Jackson (hamstring) was still listed as limited in practice,Cheap Shoes Uk, but Smith said he essentially went through the full workout, boding well for his chances to play against the Cardinals. Atlanta's top runner has been out since a Week 2 victory over the Rams. ... OT Sam Baker (knee) was more hindered in the practice, but he will return to the lineup as soon as he's healthy enough to play, Smith said. ... Also missing practice along with White were RB Jason Snelling (ankle) and LB Stephen Nicholas (thigh).
"I wouldn't say it was expected," Johnson said, "but I wasn't surprised."
"Those are some big shoes to feel," Johnson said, adding that having Matt Ryan at quarterback made things easier. "He's going put the ball where it needs to be. It's all about timing with the quarterback and the receiver. To get those two passes that I got in the game, it was great coming from Matt Ryan,Aaron Ness Jersey, to know that he had the confidence in me to throw me the ball."
"That's exactly what you want from backup players," Gonzalez said. "Everybody is stepping up."
Jones is out for the year after undergoing foot surgery, while White has been plagued by injuries all season. He went down with a high ankle sprain during the preseason, and now is also dealing with a hamstring problem that forced him to miss the first game of his nine-year career. He has yet to practice this week and it seems more and more unlikely he'll play when the Falcons (2-4) travel to Arizona to face the Cardinals (3-4) on Sunday.
Douglas has long been solid contributor for the Falcons, though it's hard to get noticed much when you're playing behind two of the NFL's top receivers.
He wasn't the only one who stepped up,Alex Okafor Jersey, either.
While Douglas may have played up to the Falcons' expectations, Davis has only four career catches before facing the Bucs, while Johnson was a total unknown heading into NFL debut.
ATLANTA (AP) — Just 5-foot-10 and 175 pounds, Darius Johnson could pass for one of the equipment guys in the Atlanta Falcons locker room.
Now, about Johnson's locker. Smith laughed when told of the rookie's predicament.
"I'll have to check on that," the coach said. "If he has a couple of more catches like he had in the game last week, when you guys come in next week he may be in a different spot."
Johnson, who was promoted from the practice squad 24 hours before the Falcons faced Tampa Bay last Sunday, had two catches in a much-needed victory over the Buccaneers.
They already have the confidence of their teammates.

"I need one of those bigger lockers," Johnson said, looking enviously around the room. "I'm so scrunched up in here."
There will likely be more chances for these no-name receivers to shine.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-21 02:25 , Processed in 0.052137 second(s), 26 queries .