4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2019-3-10 13:54:19 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The day after national elections (November 29, 2011) 23-year-old Khemraj Gobin, also known as Budget,Dead: Khemraj Gobin aka Budgetwas slated to appear at the Providence Magistrate Court to answer to the charge of causing death by dangerous driving.However, so convinced was the young man of his innocence that he decided that he would literally prefer to die than to face the judiciary for the criminal offence.At least this was the tale related by the young man’s mother (who requested anonymity) yesterday as she recounted the harrowing experience of watching her son succumb last week after ingesting a poisonous substance.Relating her knowledge of what transpired in 2009 leading up to her son being sought by the police to face the charge, the woman said that “since day one he keep saying that he didn’t hit the man.  He always keep saying that he swerve from hitting a body that was already on the road.”A resident of Diamond at the time, Gobin had decided to take his wife out for a drive one night. The feat was not unusual although he did not possess a driver’s license. In fact it was something he had done many times before incident free.The night in question was dark but it was clear enough for him to see the road, or was it? By the time he swung on to the Diamond Road a screeching alarm was raised and a startling discovery was made – the lifeless body of a man was sprawled on the road in the vicinity of First Avenue and Gobin’s car had swerved off the road and had come to a halt in the nearby canal.But since he was sure that he was not responsible for the body on the road Gobin decided not to report the incident as he was an unlicensed driver and thought he probably would’ve gotten into trouble with the police anyway. As a result, he fled the scene. The car, a cream-coloured AT 192, was subsequently impounded by the Police who were soon seeking Gobin’s whereabouts.The note reportedly written by the deceased.“Me send he away to Trinidad because at first the Police were not looking for him,” said the man’s distraught mother.It was eight months later, she recalled,Jerseys From China, that the police came to her Great Diamond home to arrest her son in connection with the accident. However Gobin was even then adamant that he was not going to face the court for a crime he did not commit.The woman said that she nonetheless took her son into the police and he was placed on $100,000 bail and was required to return to court on November 29 to answer to the charge of causing death by dangerous driving.But even as the date drew near for the court hearing Gobin became severely uneasy so much so that one of his siblings started sharing her suspicions with her mother. By Thursday of last week there was no doubt that something was seriously wrong with the young man.“Me went town to collect a barrel and when me come home he sister say that something was wrong with Budget.  I don’t know if he go and buy it or what but he get some poison and like he de plan fuh drink it…”“We go and search fuh he and he father go till down to the backdam and find he…but like he thrown the bottle of poison away and pick it up back after.”However, when the family was convinced that all was well they were greeted with the distressing sight of ‘Budget’ tipping what was later recognized as a bottle of poisonous liquid to his head. He was rushed to the Diamond Diagnostic Centre but his internal organs were so badly damaged that doctors, despite valiant efforts, could not save his life. He died the following day and was laid to rest earlier this week.The young man however did not undertake the fatal deed without first inking a note stating “I am going to kill myself because of the car problem…” leading his mother to believe that he really was not culpable.  “I want him to rest in peace…because as a mother it is hard on me to think that this is what carry he to he grave…this is what tek he life!”Gobin’s carAccording to the visibly distraught woman the car showed no evidence that it was involved in an accident. Additionally, she recalled that after resuming possession of the vehicle which was impounded at an East Bank Demerara Police Station the lights were missing and the inside of the vehicle was damaged as well.“The car go in brand new but after they hold it up for about a year it just look destroyed even the key of the car they didn’t give we back.”
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-6-3 18:49 , Processed in 0.070098 second(s), 26 queries .