1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2019-3-30 18:55:53 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
That means, as far as the Jets know, the Patriots will make a game-time decision on Gronkowski. New York missed him in the teams' first meeting in Week 2, a 13-10 win for New England,Major League Baseball Jerseys, although the tight end has practiced every week during the season.
"Those guys are hard to cover," Ryan said. "Even when you think you've got them covered, they're still open just because of their size and catching radius."
Gronkowski caught six passes for 78 yards and two scores the last time he played against the Jets in the teams' first meeting last season.
Sounds simple enough, right? But Gronkowski has been tough to handle during his first three seasons.
"He's a good player,Wholesale Shoes China," cornerback Kyle Wilson said. "I don't know about matchup issues. It just comes down to making the play or not."
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — The New York Jets are ready for Rob Gronkowski — whether he plays or not.
"After that first game," Ryan said, "I felt for sure he'd play against us the second game."
He was the first tight end in NFL history to have three straight years with 10 or more touchdown catches, and could become the fastest to 40 at his position. Gronkowski has 38 scoring catches in 43 regular-season games. The fastest tight end to 40 was San Diego's Antonio Gates, and it took him 71 games.
"They have capable guys, but that just adds another weapon for Brady," safety Dawan Landry said.
At 6-foot-6 and 265 pounds, Gronkowski provides problems for most defenses, who have to decide how to go against him — use a safety or a speedy linebacker, or sometimes, both.
"He's a big vertical threat in the red zone and Brady looks for him," Landry said. "This week is going to be no different."
The Jets can draw off their experience of playing against Atlanta's Tony Gonzalez,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, who's an inch shorter than Gronkowski but just as dangerous a pass-catcher. Gonzalez had 10 receptions for 97 yards two weeks ago against the Jets.
Ryan and his players insisted that New York would not need to alter its game plan one way or the other.
Safety Antonio Allen has defended Gronkowski in the past,Jerseys From China, and Ryan could use a mix-and-match type of coverage that includes Allen and possibly Kyle Wilson as well as perhaps linebacker Demario Davis.
In six career games against the Jets, including one in the playoffs, Gronkowski has 24 catches for 313 yards and four touchdowns. So, New York knows exactly what kind of effect he can have.
Gronkowski missed the first six games after offseason surgery on his back and broken left forearm, but Patriots coach Bill Belichick would neither confirm nor deny Gronkowski would play. The team's injury report listed him as questionable for the game.
"Like we said from Day 1, I assumed he'd play," Ryan said. "I'm assuming (Tom) Brady will play. But that's how much we assumed this guy was going to play. I don't know if they were saving him for us or whatever, but I had a funny feeling he was going to play."
"But, we're ready."
The New England Patriots tight end was cleared by his doctors Friday to make his season debut Sunday, according to agent Drew Rosenhaus. Jets coach Rex Ryan wasn't taking any chances in his team's preparations this week.
"I think you'd have to ask a lot of teams the same question, like, 'Oh, you couldn't stop him in the red zone,Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Online,'" Ryan said. "Yeah, that's true. Us and almost every other team in the league."
While the Jets were hush-hush on who played the role of Gronkowski on the scout team,Fjallraven Kanken Australia Sale, saying only that a few people might have, Ryan acknowledged that they made sure to go over the Patriots' offense with backup tight end Zach Sudfeld. The rookie spent training camp with New England and had a terrific preseason, prompting fans and media to call him "Baby Gronk," and the Jets claimed him off waivers two weeks ago.
"Well, he never really remembered anything," Ryan said, smiling. "No, I'm just kidding. You obviously pick his brain and all that kind of stuff, for sure. He's a sharp, sharp young man, so we do our due diligence and try to get what we can out of him."

"He's just another target," Wilson said. "He's big in certain parts of the field and certain situations. What we've got to do is everybody do their job. If your job is to cover him, be where you're supposed to be and if the ball comes, just make the play."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 14:00 , Processed in 0.071992 second(s), 36 queries .