1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2019-3-31 22:12:07 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The game plan changed Thursday night when Brown broke the same leg for the second time in nine months in the Giants' preseason finale at New England. Brown did not think the break was a bad one after the game, but Coughlin had no further information Friday.

NFL teams have to reduce their rosters to the 53-man limit on Saturday so the extent of Brown's injury is important. The Giants could put him on injured reserve with the option to reactivate him. However, each team can use that type of move just once in a season, and it's uncertain whether the team will use it on a backup.
"When I'm on the field, I want to be effective and help my team win games."
Quarterback Eli Manning said it was disappointing to see Brown get hurt again after all his offseason work.
A breakaway threat, Coughlin believes Wilson can handle Brown's usual workload,China Jerseys Wholesale, picking up blitzes and being the short-yardage back.
Wilson smirked when asked about not being as big as Brown. People have questioned his size before.
Ryan Torain is the only truly experienced veteran. Da'Rel Scott has 11 carries in two seasons and Michael Cox is a rookie,Wholesale Jerseys China.
For now, Wilson — all of 5-foot-9, and 205 pounds — is gearing himself to handle every phase of the halfback job in the season opener at Dallas Sept. 8. He had 71 carries last season, averaging 5.0 yards. He also caught four passes.
"So someone's got to step up and obviously play a role and get some reps and help out the passing game."
Brown also could be kept on the active roster while recovering. The Giants might elect to sign a free agent, such as veteran Brandon Jacobs, who left the team after the 2011 season.
Wilson was handed the starting job when the Giants released Ahmad Bradshaw after last season. Brown,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, who was coming off an impressive season in 2012 until it ended with a broken left leg, was going to be his backup.
The Giants have used a two-back system under coach Tom Coughlin and that wasn't about to change this season.
Center David Baas, who is recovering from a knee injury in the second preseason game,Discount Nike NFL Jerseys, said the Giants will overcome.
"Whatever they want me to do,Seahawks Jersey Youth Cheap," said Wilson, a 2012 first-round pick. "Like I said when I first came here, whatever the coaches need me to do. If they need me to kick a field goal,Air Max Cheap Wholesale, I'm going to go out there and give it 100 percent trying to kick a field goal. The workload is not a big factor for me.
__
"I run in between the tackles. Don't get confused by my size, I'm a physical guy," he said. "I'm from the country so, I grew up chopping wood and building houses with my dad.
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — David Wilson is ready to become an every-down halfback for the New York Giants in the wake of the injury to backup Andre Brown.
"David Wilson runs in there hard," Coughlin said. "I don't have a problem with that at all. He's powerful. He's compact. He has tremendous leg strength, which is his forte. For him to run the ball in short yardage and goal line, I don't have an issue with that at all."
"Obviously, when you lose a running back, a guy who's going to play a decent amount, it's tough," Manning said. "But David has had a good preseason. And we've got a couple other backs that have been in the system — veteran guys.
NOTES: LB Dan Connor said the shoulder he nicked making a tackle against the Patriots is better and he will be ready to practice Monday. ... Bass worked out on the grass Friday but does not know if he will be ready for the season opener. His status is day-to-day. ... TE Adrien Robinson sprained the side of his foot on Thursday. It is not known how long he will be out. ... S Stevie Brown is waiting for the swelling in his left knee to subside before having surgery to repair his anterior cruciate ligament. He tore it against the Jets Saturday and was placed on injured reserve. "It's very disappointing," said Brown, who led the team with eight interceptions last season. "You work all summer getting ready for the season."
"They will figure it out."
"I'm well put together."
"It definitely stinks that 'Dre went down," he said. "But this coaching staff and organization are going to put the people out there to put us in the best situation.
Wilson hasn't been told by the coaching staff how the injury will change his role, but it seems obvious that he will have to shoulder more with a backup crew that wasn't expected to get many carries.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 08:53 , Processed in 0.085118 second(s), 28 queries .