1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2019-4-2 23:03:48 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Garrett doesn't doubt that he will — and doesn't think Ware has to get to the quarterback all the time to make a difference.
"He gets a lot of attention,Babe Ruth Jersey, has gotten a lot of attention his whole life,Super Bowl 53 Jerseys," Garrett said. "I thought he did a real good job impacting the game."
By the measure of pestering a quarterback, Ware was fine against the Giants. He was credited with six pressures — and gave himself 10 because he says he hit Manning "probably about four times if you really want to talk about that."
Plus, the Cowboys had so many takeaways — six when a muffed punt is included — that the Giants were forced to throw 42 times and had only had 14 running plays because they were behind all night.
There's little question the star pass rusher for the Cowboys had a presence in a 36-31 victory over the New York Giants. And the Kansas City Chiefs will always know where Ware is when they come to the line of scrimmage Sunday.

IRVING, Texas (AP) — DeMarcus Ware's first game as a defensive end for Dallas started with an interception and ended without a tackle — or a sack.
But there is this bottom line: Ware went his third straight game without a sack going back to last season. It's the longest drought since the end of 2011.
"He'll make tackles," Garrett said. "There's no question about that. He's always been a very good run player, an underappreciated run player."
"With me, it's all about getting even more pressure, getting there a little bit faster," Ware said. "We got there, but me consistently I got to get there a little bit better."
NOTES: DE Anthony Spencer says he plans to play as a backup against the Chiefs. He practiced this week for the first time since left knee surgery July 25. He missed all of training camp. He's listed as questionable. ... WR Dez Bryant (sprained foot) looked stronger in practice as the week went on and is listed as probable along with QB Tony Romo (bruised ribs), CB Morris Claiborne (shoulder),Wholesale College Jerseys China, RB Lance Dunbar (sprained foot) and safety Danny McCray (hamstring). Dunbar and McCray didn't play in the opener. ... LB Ernie Sims is out with a groin injury.
Not that he needed it,Bobby Doerr Jersey, but Ware has a little more incentive to get there against the Chiefs. Maybe then he can pull down the cigar taped to the back of his locker, courtesy of Rod Marinelli. Ware's new defensive line coach wrote "Close but no cigar" and signed it, "Your loving coach."
Even with a rare shutout on tackles.
Cowboys coach Jason Garrett says he's sure of one thing: Ware won't be a "sacks or nothing" guy on the outside of the new four-man front in first-year defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin's scheme.
Ware has just 1.5 sacks in his past seven games,Cheap NFL Jerseys, a significant dip considering he leads the NFL with 111 sacks since the start of 2005 and is three shy of tying Harvey Martin's 30-year-old franchise record.
Ware's top priorities are sacks and quarterback pressures,Cheap Shoes China Wholesale, even more so than when he was an outside linebacker in the 3-4 defense and had more chances for tackles because he wasn't a full-time pass rusher.
It triggered a spurt of turnovers on New York's first three possessions and was one of three interceptions for Dallas. Garrett credits Ware's pressure for that.
It's just weird to see a blank under tackles next to Ware's name. It's only happened one other time in his career — eight years ago, in the fifth game of his rookie season.
"I think it just depends on the running scheme, how many times they run the ball," Ware said. "But you got to find a way to get your head in there and get some tackles."
There were some other numbers on that stat sheet. The biggest was the interception, which came when Ware read a screen and stepped in front of Eli Manning's first pass.
"I've got to figure out some way to get him to take that cigar out of my locker," Ware said.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 04:49 , Processed in 0.069644 second(s), 26 queries .