1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2019-4-4 18:27:38 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Jenkins was the No. 30 overall pick of the 49ers last year after a stellar senior season at Illinois, where he played with current Chiefs guard Jeff Allen.
If he's able to gasp the offense quickly enough, Jenkins could be on the team when it heads to Jacksonville — coincidentally, his home town — for the Chiefs' season opener Sept. 8.
The former first-round pick of the San Francisco 49ers played in a preseason game against the Chiefs on Friday night at Arrowhead Stadium.
"It wasn't his job from the jump. He had to come in and battle for it," Smith said. "I thought it was a deeper roster there and for whatever reason it didn't work out. He's a talented kid, tons of speed, and I think the change will do him good."
"We think actually this is going to be good for both teams,Kanken Bag Sale UK," Reid said. "Things happen at different places and sometimes a fresh start can be good for guys for whatever reasons. Sometimes guys just don't fit. ... We'll give him a shot and see how it goes."
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — A.J. Jenkins never thought he'd be back in Kansas City so soon.
"Obviously I don't know what went on in San Francisco. All I can tell you about is our college days," Allen said. "He brings a different element to the locker room, he's a different character, he brings a lot of energy. A good guy."
The swap of wide receivers resulted in significant changes to Kansas City's depth chart.
—Jenkins was teammates in San Francisco with quarterback Alex Smith, whom the Chiefs acquired for a pair of draft choices this offseason.
"Actually,Axel Andersson Jersey, my mom did tell me that yesterday," Jenkins said. "I want to contribute as soon as possible, whether it's this game or the next game. I want to contribute as soon as I can."
On Tuesday morning, he was wearing a white shirt with that familiar arrowhead logo while going through a walk-through prior to practice.
The Chiefs apparently saw enough value in him, though, to offer a fresh start with a change of scenery. They wound up trading Baldwin, the No. 26 overall pick two years ago, after struggling to find a place for his big, physical build in new coach Andy Reid's offensive system.
Jenkins doesn't have a whole lot of time to get up to speed,Nike Air Max Sale Cheap.
"Things happen. I'm looking for an opportunity," said Jenkins, traded to the Chiefs on Monday for Jon Baldwin in a swap of wide receivers that have so far been disappointments.
"We had to feel comfortable that Donnie was a legitimate starter, and we felt that," Reid said. "So we're able to do this and feel comfortable doing it. Donnie has tremendous speed and a lot of experience, too,China NFL Hoodies, and he's showing in this offense he can do some good things."
—Reid spent time scouting Jenkins when he was still with the Eagles, and remembers a guy with good hands and an ability to stretch the field, something Baldwin failed to do.
Jenkins is certainly a known quantity to the Chiefs.
Baldwin had been working opposite Dwayne Bowe with the No. 1 offense throughout training camp. Now that he's gone,Air Max Cheap Wholesale, Donnie Avery has moved into the starting lineup.
Even then, Jenkins never made a catch in the three games in which he played.

—Allen remembers a guy who brought a spark to the locker room with his engaging and often playful personality at Illinois.
But the speedy playmaker couldn't barge his way up the depth chart in San Francisco, failing to get on the field until late in the season.
He was ready for his first full practice on Tuesday, but only has two more days of regular work this week before the Chiefs head to Pittsburgh for their third preseason game. Their last tuneup is next week against Green Bay, and then final cuts are due for the 53-man roster.
"I mean, right now I'm just looking forward to coming out here and being the best Chief I can be," Jenkins said. "It's an opportunity. I ain't got a choice. It's what I have to work with."
Such is the way of the NFL,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, where life can be turned upside down in a matter of days.
Notes: Pro Bowl RB Jamaal Charles (right foot) practiced for the second time after missing the 49ers game. It's still unclear whether he'll play at Pittsburgh. ... OT Donald Stephenson (shoulder sprain), FS Sanders Commings (broken clavicle), CB Dunta Robinson (shoulder sprain), TE Travis Kelce (knee bruise), FS Kendrick Lewis (illness) and DE Mike DeVito (illness) did not practice. ... The Chiefs claimed OG Ricky Henry off waivers from New Orleans and waived LS Brad Madison.
None of that helped him get on the field in San Francisco, though. Smith thinks Jenkins struggled to find his place on a veteran team, and when relegated to the practice squad, didn't keep improving.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-22 05:02 , Processed in 0.083856 second(s), 26 queries .