4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2019-4-11 17:40:39 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Jarryl Bryan  “You have to put your mind to business and once you work hard you can achieve what you want. You can’t just sit down and wait and expect that what you want will come to you.”Mahendra ‘et boy’ JagbandhanThe culture of entrepreneurship has opened the door to diverse individuals determined to carve a life for themselves out of the fabric of society. We encounter them every day, from the shopkeeper to the pharmacist.In several countries, extensive research has been conducted into the role of entrepreneurs in nation and community building and the results, proving their value in society, are indisputable. They are viewed as wealth and employment creators and Governments usually do their utmost to encourage and motivate them.Mahendra Jagbandhan, better known by his moniker ‘Pet boy’, is one such person. He has been a well known figure in Charlestown for decades, operating ‘Pet boy beer garden’. A self taught entrepreneur, Jagbandhan took over his mother’s establishment at the tender age of 19 and through his handling of it caused the establishment to become almost a household name.Along the way he has survived everything from economic downturns to gun toting bandits. However he was not always focused on the path of upward mobility and survival. Exposed to the perils of the teenage years, Jagbandhan indulged in drinking and partying while his establishment at first stagnated.Jagbandhan was born at 29 Howes Street, Charlestown, Georgetown, on October 1, 1964. His first place of abode was a simple wooden structure standing on the spot of the now modern business establishment.He attended the Dolphin Government School, graduating in 1982 at the age of 18. In describing his life after school, ‘Pet boy’ revealed that his first job out of school was at the shop, only then it was a mere cake shop.He explained that at first his mother ran the cake shop. “At the time it was only banks beer and a few bottles of water.” He said,Cheap Carolina Panthers Youth Jersey, “No wholesale, just (retail). Business at that time was down.”The first buildingHe however took over the running of the shop in 1983. With the decision making in his hands, he did both wholesale and retail. However, he consistently struggled as he found himself an independent young man with almost no family or oversight.“I struggled as I used to do a lot of drinking and the shop didn’t open,Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Online,” he said, attributing this to his youth.He finally realized that the only way to break away from the cycle was a new start in life,Jerseys NFL China, so in 1992 he did just that.“In 1992 I decide to break down the old place and build it over. And from then on, I concentrated more on business,” he said. “I was drinking and sporting all the time, so I decided to pull myself together and fight it.”The Masters of Business Association (MBA) qualification is a field of study heavily sought after at Universities. Though Jagbandhan has no formal business training, all his business acumen came through personal experience.Back then the land to the North and West of the property were not being developed. ‘Pet boy’ bought the property to the North for $16M and to the West for $17M. Armed with these lots,Cheap Authentic Dallas Cowboys Jerseys, he built and renovated. These properties are testimony to his enterprising nature.During this phase of his life, the businessman’s determination to succeed still meant many sleepless nights, as his business would be open to the public late into the night.“I save my money, I buy land, and I’ve just been working and working all the time.” He said. “I haven’t had any time for myself.”He has also served as a pillar in his neighborhood,Wholesale MLB Jerseys Pro Shop, as neighbours can readily reference the name ‘Pet boy’, as well as his business establishment.“I have no problem with anyone,” he was firm in making clear to Kaieteur News. Though he has never been married, he has a three year old daughter by the name of Shivannie. Jagbandhan made no bones about the importance of his daughter to him.CRIME He also spoke of some struggles he encountered on the way to success, including encounters with criminal elements determined to get a pay day at the expense of others. One such instance was in the early 1990’s before he built the modern day ‘Pet boy’.As he was locking up his shop one night,Bengals Jersey Cheap, the bandits came through the window and promptly demanded jewelry at gunpoint. As a form of intimidation,Andre Smith Jersey, the bandits fired gun shots into the flooring.The modern establishment located at Howes StreetAnother instance was one night in 2003 at the height of the crime wave. The neighborhood was under siege, as a neighbouring businessman by the name of Leonard Parjohn was shot to death by bandits. Jagbandhan did not escape being a victim of the robbery spree. His shop was shot in the process, and bandits also invaded his establishment.“That was one of the most violent robberies in this country,” he related. “About 20 men with guns came with machine guns and shot up the whole area. At the same moment they were over there, some were in here.”The first time the bandits escaped with jewelry, while in 2003 they made off with $700,000 in cash. “I was fearful,” Jagbandhan said, “But I can’t shut down my shop. Where would I run and go?”Jagbandhan was forthright in stating that while he has never made any major charitable donations, he was always willing to lend a helping hand to whoever came to him with a genuine need for assistance.Describing his plans for the future, Jagbandhan stated that his only focus is on continuing the hard work. He also imparted some advice to other enterprising businessmen and women. He made it clear that the fruits of labour would not come without labour.“You have to put your mind to business and once you work hard you can achieve what you want. You can’t just sit down and wait and expect that what you want will come to you,” ‘Pet boy’ said, adding that as he has achieved much of what he has through sheer determination.As an example to others within his community, and a testimony to how determination can achieve the ‘rags to riches’ dream, Pet Boy is a ‘Special Person’.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 09:07 , Processed in 0.068385 second(s), 28 queries .