1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2019-5-19 14:44:05 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
As for Green Bay's defense, which will see a new-look Arizona offense with veteran additions Carson Palmer at quarterback and Rashard Mendenhall at running back, Williams is out indefinitely with the knee injury he sustained July 28.
The offense also might be without rookie running back Eddie Lacy,Discount Jerseys, who ran the football well in a scrimmage Saturday. Lacy, a second-round draft pick, has been bothered by a hamstring injury and didn't practice the last two days.
With Nelson out and the playing status of fellow injured playmaker Randall Cobb up in the air, several young receivers will get their chance to make a good first impression Friday.
"I don't think we've ever really said, 'Here we go again,'" Rodgers said about the rash of injuries. "We believe in the next guy up. We've seen a lot of that — a guy getting an opportunity and making the most of it and emerging as a big-time contributor. That's the expectation around here. That's why we like to have a lot of depth."
Rookie David Bakhtiari,Zapatillas Nike Espa?a, a fourth-round draft pick, has been thrust into a critical starting role as the replacement for Bulaga to protect Rodgers' back side. McCarthy indicated Bakhtiari would play longer than some of the other starters Friday with an eye on getting the newcomer settled at the spot.
Cobb is nursing a biceps injury and said he is prepared to play against the Cardinals if he's given the OK. If not,  the third-year player knows how important playing time and playing well in the preseason is for young prospects trying to make the team.
"Our number ones will definitely start the game,China Jerseys," McCarthy said after practice Thursday.
Notes: Besides Lang, offensive linemen added to the no-practice list Thursday were T/G Andrew Datko (concussion) and rookie G Lane Taylor, who was excused from the team. Taylor tweeted Wednesday night his wife, Kasey, was getting ready to have their baby.
The attrition at several positions two weeks into training camp has given the Packers plenty of opportunities to put the "next man up" theory to the test,Air Force Scontate.
McCarthy said he hopes to play all four quarterbacks, including newly signed veteran Vince Young, in Friday's game.  Young last played in the 2012 preseason with the Buffalo Bills. After practicing the last three days, Young said he would be ready to play against Arizona.
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — Coach Mike McCarthy wouldn't say Thursday how long his starters will play in the Green Bay Packers' preseason opener.
Green Bay already is undermanned for the game with several top contributors out with injuries.
"David needs to play,Sac �� Dos Kanken Pas Cher," McCarthy said. "He needs to learn to play the position at this level and speed and see the things he's going to see in Week 1."
"When the lights come on, some guys shine, some guys kind of fall under," he said. "Practice is one thing, and we've had some guys doing really well in practice. But once the lights come on, it's going to be really the test for them."
The Packers had only nine offensive linemen in practice Thursday. Right guard T.J. Lang was held out with a sore back,Ultra Boost Cheap China, and McCarthy wasn't sure whether Lang would be available for the game.
James Jones, who could be the only veteran receiver in uniform for the Packers as they welcome first-year coach Bruce Arians and the Cardinals to Lambeau Field, is looking forward to seeing the likes of young receivers Jarrett Boykin and Jeremy Ross get an extended look.
"I'm excited to see them get an opportunity to make plays, to go out there and put some good film on tape, to finally see some new faces and play against some other people," Jones said.
The Packers' recent injury woes on the offensive line and how they are going about plugging holes is one example.
Among those who won't play are receiver Jordy Nelson, left tackle Bryan Bulaga and cornerback Tramon Williams. All three players have significant knee injuries, and Bulaga will likely miss the entire season after he undergoes surgery for a torn ligament next week.
But key players such as quarterback Aaron Rodgers aren't expected to be on the field long when the Packers host the Arizona Cardinals on Friday night.
"I had an opportunity to play a lot of games in the NFL," Young said. "So I feel like that's the help part that's kind of making me feel that if I do go in and play I will be comfortable. I just want to make sure I've got the right plays, and I want to make sure I get the guys out of the huddle."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 23:34 , Processed in 0.073306 second(s), 28 queries .