1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2019-5-21 11:50:26 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
That scrambling did make some teammates nervous: The Bears do not have a third quarterback on the roster. If McCown had needed to leave the game, Bennett would have been the next option, Trestman said.
LANDOVER, Md. (AP) — As the closing minutes of the Chicago Bears' latest loss ticked away,K?nken Ryggs?ck, Jay Cutler was long gone,Cheap Football Jerseys Paypal, having missed most of the final three quarters with a groin injury.
The Bears (4-3) have lost three of the past four games,Cheap Jerseys From China, and their bye week could hardly be coming at a better time. In addition to Cutler, key defensive players Briggs (shoulder) and Tillman (knee) left in the second half.
While Josh McCown did yeoman's work substituting for Cutler, Chicago's defense was too tired and in tatters to really stand much of a chance, and the Bears lost to the Redskins 45-41 Sunday. The most pressing question afterward was how long Cutler will be out, and coach Marc Trestman wasn't sure.
McCown was asked what differences there are between his skills and Cutler's.
McCown was 14 for 20 for 204 yards, with one touchdown pass and zero interceptions.
Linebacker Lance Briggs and cornerback Charles Tillman stood shoulder-to-shoulder on the sideline, arms crossed and helmets off. Also hurt, they were able only to watch — and not help — as teammates tried to stop Robert Griffin III and the rest of the Washington Redskins' offense.
"You can't make excuses, but it's going to help. We're going to be a fresher team, certainly, when we come out of this break," Trestman said.
It was McCown's first appearance in a regular-season NFL game since the final week of the 2011 season, and he did it without the benefit of any first-team practice reps since this season began.
Notes: Tillman intercepted Griffin in the first half. ... Redskins S Reed Doughty got a concussion. ... Bears KR Devin Hester tied Hall of Famer Deion Sanders' NFL record with his 19th return for a touchdown, bringing back a punt 81 yards in the second quarter. Hester hadn't scored on a return since Nov. 13, 2011. ... Bears PK Robbie Gould missed a 34-yard field-goal attempt in the third quarter.
"Josh took over the huddle, moved the football team. ... I didn't ask him what he liked; what he didn't like. I just called the plays according to the plan we had put together," Trestman said. "I thought he functioned very well in the offense."
Before leaving, Cutler was 3 for 8 for 28 yards and an interception that was returned for a touchdown by linebacker Brian Orakpo.
Eventually, Cutler got up and limped off. He soon was walking gingerly toward the visitors' locker room and didn't return.
"When your starting quarterback goes down, and you are used to him playing, it kind of does something mentally to you," Bears running back Matt Forte said.
"He'll be evaluated when we get back and we'll know more in the next couple days," Trestman said.
Asked how seriously Cutler was injured, Trestman replied: "I don't have any sense at all. I'm just going to wait and see what the doctors say."
He and Trestman said the quick-strike passing game that worked well for McCown was part of the game plan against the Redskins all along, and was not an adjustment made when the backup QB went in.
McCown also ran four times for 33 yards.
"When you're close to somebody, and they get hurt, man,Cheap Hockey Jerseys, your heart just kind of sinks, but at the same time, you've got to process that emotion and move on and get ready to play," McCown said. "So I was bummed, said a prayer, grabbed a helmet, got some throws and got ready to play."
Still, the change affected things.
"Have you seen him throw?" McCown said with a grin. "Obviously, there's a difference with the velocity at which the ball travels when Jay throws it and when I throw it. We have to play the game in different ways."
"You see them talking to Earl and kind of getting him ready, and I'm like, 'Oh, yeah, there's nobody else,'" McCown said.

"I have to give him credit,Football Jerseys Cheap," Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said. "He made some good plays when guys were covered."
"Actually, when you knock a starter out in this league, you expect to dominate the backup, not vice versa — knock the starter out and the backup comes in and lights you up,Clearance Sale Shoes Canada," Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said.
McCown's 7-yard touchdown toss to tight end Martellus Bennett put Chicago ahead 41-38 with a little under four minutes remaining in the game. Robert Griffin III then led Washington on a drive capped by a 3-yard TD run by Roy Helu Jr. for the go-ahead points.
Cutler is scheduled to have an MRI exam Monday.
"He's been around the game a lot in this league," Trestman said. "He functioned like a starting quarterback when he stepped in there."
Cutler was sacked by 333-pound nose tackle Chris Baker with about 10 minutes left in the first half. Cutler stayed down for a few minutes, clutching at the top of his left leg.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 10:22 , Processed in 0.074496 second(s), 26 queries .