1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2019-5-31 15:48:58 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — It's Geno Smith's turn to try to prove he should be the New York Jets' quarterback this season.
__

"His leadership is starting to show," Lee said. "It's hard when a guy doesn't know everything to be a great leader. But once he knows it, we should see more and more leadership from him."
Smith has played just two quarters in the preseason after getting hurt while rolling out on a play in the third quarter at Detroit nearly two weeks ago. He was cleared for practice early last week, but struggled on the sore ankle — capped by what Ryan called a "brutal" performance last Wednesday in which Smith was intercepted four times.
"Mark has had a terrific camp," Mornhinweg said. "He's had a bunch of ups, and he's had some dips there. Geno's had an outstanding camp for a rookie and he's just had a little bit more than a couple of plays in a preseason game. So, we'll see what happens in this next ballgame. We'll see what the outcome is."
"We did say all along that it was going to be an equal competition," Ryan said. "And, I think, obviously, the fact that Geno wasn't able to play last week, you never really saw him when there were 'live bullets,' so to speak. So, it wouldn't be an equal competition had we not played it out this way."
"I think obviously it's an evaluation process still that we're going through," he said. "I don't want to say, 'Look, he's got to look like Phil Simms in the Super Bowl.'"
Most NFL teams normally play their starters into the third quarter of the third preseason game, but the Jets wanted to see how Smith's ankle responded this week before deciding on a starter against the Giants. Because Sanchez played three quarters against the Jaguars, the Jets want a better look at Smith in game action.
"I'm excited to see him play."
That performance by Simms, of course, was one for the record books when he completed 22 of 25 passes to help the Giants beat the Denver Broncos in 1987.
"We want to see him play," offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg said. "Hopefully, he'll get the chance to turn it loose and let his natural abilities show up, and his natural style. I think, and I almost know, that he's worked so hard that he's there mentally."
Ryan said the team is still not prepared to select a starter for the regular-season opener against Tampa Bay. While Jacksonville and Philadelphia made decisions on their starting quarterbacks earlier this week, Ryan refuses to put a deadline on the Jets selecting one.
"It's been too close to call,Stitched Baltimore Ravens Jerseys," Lee said. "I want it clear. I want it cleaner before we make that decision."
"I think I know exactly where Mark's at," Mornhinweg said. "There's no question that I think we can do some very good things with Mark. I don't quite know where Geno's at yet, even though we might think we know. But those preseason games are such a good evaluation period for a young man."
"They come off the field and you're frowning at one and (saying), 'Atta boy' to the other," Lee said. "I'm being honest, it's kind of been an emotional up-and-down deal: 'Who's the best one today? Maybe that's our guy. We can do this with him and the other one, we can do this with him. We can do more with this guy in the passing game.'
Lee also acknowledged that he has often gone back and forth on who he thinks the starter should ultimately be.
NOTES: Lee revealed that Sanchez recently had minor surgery to repair an infected toe nail on his right foot. "He doesn't blink, he doesn't tell me, I just happened to hear from somebody else," Lee said. "He's out there, practices." ... Ryan announced that Vladimir Ducasse will start at LG against the Giants instead of Stephen Peterman,Adidas Superstar Cheap China, who is getting work at center to back up Nick Mangold.
Mornhinweg insisted he hadn't put as much thought into the daily fluctuations of the quarterbacks, preferring to let everything play out.
He bounced back this week with an outstanding week of practice as his ankle also healed.
The rookie has worked with the first-team offense all week during practice. Smith, in a tightly contested competition with Sanchez, did not play in the Jets' last preseason game last Saturday night against Jacksonville because of a sprained ankle.
Mornhinweg said the decision will be made when one of the quarterbacks elevates himself above the other, and if that doesn't happen, the team would then go on instincts.
"We'll see how far we take him into this game this week," Ryan said. "Mark will play also. I think (Smith) has looked good and seems like the ankle is obviously a lot better than it was this past week.
"So that's an honest answer."
Lee added that a strong performance by Smith perhaps still might not be enough for the Jets to select a starter for the season,Cheap China Jerseys. That means the quarterback competition could potentially go into the final preseason game against Philadelphia next Thursday.
In a move that was expected for several days, Rex Ryan announced Thursday that the second-round draft pick will start over Mark Sanchez in the Jets' preseason game against the Giants on Saturday night.
Quarterbacks coach David Lee has seen vast improvement in Smith's footwork along with his command in the huddle since training camp began.
"I'm proud of Geno last week pushing through it,Cheap Shoes Canada Online," Mornhinweg said. "This week,Cheap Yeezys For Sale Real, it was still biting him just a little bit, but he was significantly better."
Ryan also refused to put any parameters on what Smith might need to show against the Giants to be convinced that he's the guy who should start the season under center,Cheap Jerseys From China.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 17:13 , Processed in 0.074900 second(s), 28 queries .