9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-1-30 21:39:42 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
“If I had followed the law, some roads would not have been built…The people who you pay rates and taxes to are the ones that are really responsible for doing your roads,” said Minister of Public Works, Robeson Benn, when he responded to the road concerns of a Diamond, East Bank Demerara,jerseys from china, resident recently.Minister Robeson Benn in conversation with a Diamond resident The resident was at the time distressing about the deteriorating state of roads in her neighbourhood, even as she revealed to the Minister that there was never a proper road in the area from the inception. But according to Minister Benn,cheap jerseys outlet, the road was designed for a developing community and not for an already developed area.He revealed that for instance, persons who reside in the city and have concerns about the state of the roads in their neighbourhoods, they have to “first off lay your case at City Mayor,cheap nfl jerseys outlet, Hamilton Green, in the City of Georgetown.”However,china jerseys, he noted that if the structure is declared a public road it is in fact the Ministry of Public Works’ responsibility. The Minister revealed though that there have been instances when his Ministry has sought to undertake the rehabilitation of some smaller roads.  “A small road called Kiskadee Drive, I just did it, but it was not because we had to,wholesale jerseys, it was to help the residents. We had a bit of asphalt and money and we said we would do it. I didn’t have to do it if I had followed what the law says, but I did it.”However, in the case of Diamond on the East Bank of Demerara, the Minister revealed that it is the responsibility of the Ministry of Housing and Water to undertake such infrastructural works as it is that entity to which residents usually make payments for the housing lots they occupy.However, Benn noted that the problem which frequently arises in the new housing development areas is that materials for construction works are transported in heavy laden trucks, using roads that are not designed to allow access to such weighty deliveries. “If you use the road like this after a while you will have to go and build it back and my understanding is that that will be done, but you (the resident) have to lay your case with Minister Irfaan Ali.”However, the resident argued that “if you allocate land to people,wholesale nfl jerseys, common sense will tell you that for houses to be built materials have to go in…Therefore, the roads that are built should be of such a consistency that it would not deteriorate when the construction materials go in…” But according to Minister Benn, residents such as those in the Diamond area must come to the realisation that they are being afforded land in a low income housing area thus they would not be eligible for a sturdier road at this time. “If you had to buy land in normal areas you would be paying 10 times the amount of money you are paying there…If people had to wait for sturdy roads to be built first then they would not have been able to build.”“One mile of public road would cost about US$3M but a road in Diamond would cost just about US$300,000 but if you wait for us to accumulate all the money to build sturdy type of roads you wouldn’t have a land to develop. So the logic is to build a light community road and allow the development to proceed and later a proper road will be built. “According to Benn,cheap jerseys free shipping, if persons were forced to pay commercial rates for their house lots in developing communities, most people probably would not have been in a position to start constructing their own home. In essence, he noted that persons in developing communities are given an opportunity to build their homes through the Government at the cost of other taxpayers, who are in fact the sponsors of the roads. “If Government uses the money from other taxpayers to build the road people think they want then some people will never be able to build…” Benn asserted.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 12:43 , Processed in 0.069198 second(s), 26 queries .