積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2019-6-14 09:37:02 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
ROCK HILL, S.C. (AP) — Blame the NFL.
Clowney was the SEC's freshman of the year, notching eight sacks and showing his ability to make the game-changing plays. He took his game up several rungs last season, finishing with 13 sacks to earn SEC defensive player of the year.
That's good news to NFL executives, who have another season to evaluate Clowney — though maybe he's shown enough. Clowney is such a highly rated prospect already that it has been suggested he should've taken this season off to protect his value.
"I kept wondering who this guy was on my back," Gilmore said in a phone interview.
When Clowney saw Snyder at the spring game and fans made a beeline to him to say hello, the mega-star made sure he said hello to his old coach. "There was a crowd of 500 people who wanted to touch him like he was Jesus," Snyder said.
Heck, Clowney probably could have been drafted right out of South Pointe High School, where his defensive coach remembers the then-skinny end sending a helmet flying the first time he stepped on the practice field with the varsity as a ninth grader.
When he got to high school and walked through South Pointe's weight room, Clowney was a 6-3 string bean, recalled Bobby Carroll, Clowney's high school coach.  Still, it didn't take him long to make an impact on the field.
Snyder said before Clowney could become a star, he had to learn how to work like one. Even when he got to college, that took some time to click, Gamecocks defensive coordinator Lorenzo Ward has said.
"He doesn't like to disappoint people,China Stitched Jerseys," Carroll said.
"He wasn't ever going to do that,Jerseys From China," Carroll said. "He wants to play."
"There's not really a lot I do,Wholesale Jerseys Authentic," Clowney said. "I hang with the same people I grew up with so that's how I stay out of trouble."
He poked fun at Spurrier, who on Sunday said he was tired of answering questions about his star lineman.
His size and stardom draw people around him, yet Clowney seems to stay grounded by not forgetting those who've helped him get this far. A polite and friendly 20-year-old, he uses "sir" and "ma'am" in his answers. He enjoys simple things — fishing and video games.
Buffalo Bills defensive back Stephon Gilmore, Clowney's South Pointe and South Carolina teammate, was varsity quarterback in high school.
One more number: That hit on Smith has drawn more than 1.8 million views on YouTube.
At SEC media days, Clowney said some rival quarterbacks such as Clemson's Tajh Boyd and Georgia's Aaron Murray are scared of him.
"The Heisman's not a big deal for me,Football Jerseys Cheap," Clowney said. "Winning the SEC championship's a big deal to me. Getting drafted high is a big deal."
"JD," Clowney said in his best Spurrier imitation, "why do they got to keep asking questions about you?' I said 'I have no idea, coach.'"
"You're all seeing that now," said Zack Snyder, Clowney's former defensive coach at South Pointe. "I've been watching that for years."
Because the league forbids its teams from drafting players who are less than three years removed from high school, Clowney is back in South Carolina preparing for his junior season. If not for the rule, Clowney very likely would have been the No. 1 selection in last spring's NFL draft.
Clowney was always taller and faster than those he played against, even as an 8-year-old playing organized football for the first time. Youth coach Eric Mitchell said Clowney would rush through the line on offense or defense and quickly outrun the competition.
Now he's just about the biggest star in college football, outside of College Station, Texas.
But despite his athletic prowess, people who know him say Clowney is a person who wants to please everyone.
"I like to pick at quarterbacks. That's what I do,Cheap Shoes Australia Free Shipping," Clowney said. "If they can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen."
When Jadeveon Clowney is crunching your favorite team's quarterback, terrorizing its offensive tackles, knocking the helmets off its ball carriers and single-handedly causing its offense to fall apart this season, blame the NFL.
"Poor Jadeveon can't hardly get out on the field without getting somebody mad at him," Spurrier said.
So big that it was reported rap mogul Jay Z and his recently formed sports agency has reached out to Clowney. South Carolina's compliance office said it found no wrongdoing on Clowney's part.
"I'm kind of tired of it," Clowney said of the attention. "I'm just ready to play. Show people what I got this year and have a little fun."
"He just didn't want to say no to anybody," Carroll said. "He hates that."
Clowney expects to turn the heat up this fall and can't wait for his final season to start against North Carolina on Aug. 29.
With each exploit the frenzy grows. To protect his star, Spurrier has closed summer workouts — even scrimmages where generally several thousand turn out at Williams-Brice Stadium to watch. Spurrier said the crowd of autograph seekers attending practice clamor for Clowney.
Clowney seems to be enjoying the ride.
On a trip to Clowney's hometown,Andrew Benintendi Jersey, longtime fans can easily rattle off his high school highlights: a 70-yard sprint to chase down a receiver, scoring three first-quarter touchdowns in a playoff game and a 99-yard TD run.
Instead, he's about eight months of good health away from being the first pick in next year's draft.
So, backed by a $5 million insurance policy, Clowney hopes to put on one last big-time show in college. He was a walking highlight reel even before he de-helmeted Michigan's Vincent Smith in the Outback Bowl with any achievement up on YouTube in seconds. He's run a 4.46-second 40-yard dash this summer, then overturned a two-man tackling sled at practice along with teammate Gerald Dixon Jr.
It's something the defensive standout has dealt with since he was a youngster.
Clowney's good nature played a part in his signing day plans when he waited almost two weeks later to choose the Gamecocks, Carroll said, because he struggled to tell Clemson coach Dabo Swinney and Alabama coach Nick Saban, his other finalists, that he was choosing South Carolina.
Sndyer isn't alone. Clowney has been in the spotlight since grade school. That's one reason why the Gamecocks' 6-foot-6, 274-pound All-American has so far been able to handle the attention that comes with being a Heisman Trophy contender and the man responsible for "The Hit" — his fumble-inducing, helmet-popping tackle in the Outback Bowl that is still drawing ooohs and aaahs today.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 13:11 , Processed in 0.051496 second(s), 28 queries .