主題

帖子

1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2019-6-16 12:37:01 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
His leadership could be even more important after the break as Houston relies on rookie D.J. Swearinger at the other safety position after a season-ending injury to Danieal Manning.
Schaub's turnover problems also have some concerned that Kubiak's once-powerful offense has become predictable,Ultra Boost Wholesale.
And as the losses have piled up, so have the injuries; they'll use their off week to regroup after losing star linebacker Brian Cushing to a season-ending injury for the second straight year.
The Texans are in third place in the AFC South and host division leader Indianapolis in a Sunday night game on Nov. 3.
"I'm still able to do the things that I know I can do, that I've been doing,Al Horford Jersey," Reed said. "It's just a matter of getting opportunities and taking advantage of those opportunities."
"Well, that's part of the business," he said. "I don't control that part of it — who stays, who goes. You hate to see anybody get fired or lose their jobs, but at the same time that's out of my control."
Instead they had to rally to win their first two games before losing the next five, including embarrassing,Wholesale China Jerseys, blowout losses to San Francisco and St. Louis.
The slump has put Kubiak on the hot seat,Wholesale Nike Shoes Online. Will the eighth-year coach survive the season if Houston doesn't turn it around?
A big reason for Houston's downward spiral has been Schaub's struggles. He's thrown just eight touchdowns with nine interceptions — four of which have been returned for touchdowns.
Houston is also facing issues at running back with Foster dealing with a hamstring injury and Ben Tate nursing four broken ribs. Both have said they'll be ready to go after the bye. If they aren't the Texans could be a jam after Kubiak cut three rookies, including third-string running back Cierre Wood for violating team rules on Monday.
"That's a difficult call, either way," Kubiak said. "We have a couple of days to evaluate ourselves, evaluate our football team and see where we're at, and then I will do what I think is best for the team."
He was injured two weeks ago and missed Sunday's loss to the Chiefs with injuries to his right foot and ankle. Case Keenum started in his place, and the second-year player performed well in his first NFL game before a late fumble sealed Kansas City's 17-16 win.
Safety Ed Reed, a nine-time Pro Bowler signed from Baltimore in the offseason, was supposed to give the unit a boost. But he hasn't made much impact after missing all of training camp and the first two games after hip surgery.
"If you don't go out and play the way you are supposed to play, that's what happens," he said. "And we haven't played the way we've needed to be playing, so that's why we're in the situation we're in right now."

He's certainly disappointed the Texans aren't living up to expectations, but he isn't surprised the team is fielding questions about issues like coaching changes and quarterback controversies after such a poor start.
Cushing's injury is a major blow to a defense which is allowing the fewest yards in the NFL, but that has struggled to force turnovers or take over games.
Johnson, the longest-tenured Texan after joining the team in 2003, was asked whether he worries that changes will have to be made if they don't play better after the bye.
"You need to stop the run and put teams in passing situations and get after the passer," Watt said. "Takeaways are going to be huge momentum gainers and they're going to be a big reason for your success."
"It's not good. It's not where we thought we'd be at this point," receiver Andre Johnson said. "Expectation level is higher than it's ever been. We never thought we'd be in this position at our bye week."
Kubiak said Schaub is Houston's quarterback when he's healthy,Fjallraven Kanken Australia Sale, but left the door open for Keenum to keep the job by saying that he was going to evaluate the position during the bye.
"I have no doubt that we can turn it around," Johnson said. "But if we don't play the way we're supposed to play, things are not going to change."
Houston made its first two playoff appearances in the last two seasons and was eliminated in the divisional round both years. With a defense featuring 2012 Defensive Player of the Year J.J. Watt,Football Jerseys China, and star running back Arian Foster leading the offense, it looked like the Texans were poised for a much deeper postseason run.
HOUSTON (AP) — The Houston Texans entered this season with their sights on a Super Bowl.
A 2-5 record and a five-game losing streak have not only made that very unlikely, but has quarterback Matt Schaub's job in jeopardy and raised questions about coach Gary Kubiak's security.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-17 03:20 , Processed in 0.074057 second(s), 33 queries .