主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-6-29 18:58:29 | 顯示全部樓層

Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys

"We'd have the d-linemen focus on the quarterback's eyes as they were working to gain ground and then set up and throw the ball and have them work on trying to bat the ball down," said Partridge, now the coach at Florida Atlantic. "You combine that just with some emphasis points while he's developing and obviously the fact that J.J.'s pretty special talent-wise."
Watt's two-handed tip of a pass thrown by Buffalo's EJ Manuel was impressive on its own. But then he used his huge hands to grab the tipped ball out of the air and rumbled 80 yards for a touchdown. He capped it with his interpretation of the "Nae Nae," sending the home crowd into a frenzy.
It's a skill he adopted at Wisconsin when line coach Charlie Partridge had players practice it every day.
All this came after the 6-foot-5,Authentic Arizona Cardinals Jersey, 289-pound Watt had a 1-yard touchdown reception in Week 2 and simply handed the ball to an official like he'd been there before. He had. He was a tight end in high school and early in college.
But mostly,Cheap Buffalo Bills Jerseys, he dominates.
And one more thing about the dance moves. Watt realizes he shouldn't wait by the phone for an invitation to join We Are Toonz and perform their "Nae Nae."
Many linemen are coached to simply fall on a fumble. That's not the case in Houston where defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel gives his players the green light to run if there's no one around.
He is so good — on the field and off — that some might wonder if there's anything the 25-year-old doesn't do well.
So why doesn't he enjoy the spoils of his new $100 million contract by frequenting clubs or partying around town?
"He's doing everything every d-lineman wants to do from getting the sack, batting the ball down to scoring touchdowns," Titans defensive tackle Sammie Hill said. "It's got to be the best feeling in the world."
Last week, he pounced on a fumble by the Colts' Andrew Luck, rolling over and bolting to his feet to dart 45 yards for another score.
Don't expect him to carry the ball on offense a la William "Refrigerator" Perry back in the day.
"I score touchdowns on Sunday, that's pretty darn fun," Watt said in an interview with The Associated Press. "There's not much more that's going to top that. I'm not going to find a touchdown in a club. I'm not going to find a sack in a bar. So I just stay in my house and enjoy myself."
Add in his NFL-leading 20 quarterback hits and four sacks for the Texans, who play Pittsburgh on Monday night, and he has a legitimate shot to become the first defensive MVP since Lawrence Taylor in 1986. With his clean image and down-home demeanor he's also a godsend for a league under fire over the off-the-field behavior of some of its biggest stars.
Watt's exploits evoke a mixture of envy and awe among the big fellas on defense around the NFL.
"I don't think the creators had me in mind when they saw that dance playing out," he said of the dance that involves waving one hand from side to side. "It's one of those things where you have to be able to laugh at yourself. When you get in the end zone in the NFL, it's so difficult to do that you have to have some fun. It is a game after all."
That's a word rarely used to describe anything about Watt, who was the Defensive Player of the Year in 2012 after piling up a franchise-record 20 ½ sacks and batting down 16 passes.
HOUSTON (AP) — J.J. Watt has been padding his highlight reel this season by doing things almost unheard of for a defensive end.
"I have to give up some things to get great," Watt said. "If you're not willing to give it up, you're probably not going to be great."
"He needs to be told that he still has plenty of flaws. I told him: 'If you're going to keep scoring touchdowns you better get some dance lessons,'" Taylor Jannsen, Watt's friend since elementary school, said with a laugh. "His dance moves are terrible."
"My eyes are always on the ball," Watt said. "I know what my hands need to do. I know where my feet need to go. So as I'm pass rushing I can see if he's getting ready to throw."
He contends that luck is a big factor when a defensive lineman gets his hands on a pass.
"There's plenty of times where I put my hands up and I look like a fool because the ball's not even close," Watt said. "But you just throw your hands up in the air and hope to get lucky, and obviously I've been luckier than most."
"Generally, defensive linemen don't run very far," Crennel said. "But J.J. is a different kind of cat,Blank Arsenal Jersey UK, so he was able to run for a touchdown when he recovered the fumble."
Quarterbacks rave about his prowess. Tony Romo said "he'll go down as one of the greats of the game" and that "he can disrupt a game by himself." Manuel, who was benched after facing Watt, said "it's very rare to see a d-lineman ... make plays like he's done."
Since entering the league in 2011, Watt has knocked down 33 passes — 10 more than any other defensive lineman in that span.
"He's been tipping the ball, but for him taking it to the house and picking that fumble up a week ago,World Cup Jerseys, going the distance is every d-lineman's dream," Wynn said. "And he's definitely living the dream right now."
Despite their best efforts he has yet to find anyone special who might be the future Mrs. J,Alex Iwobi Arsenal Jersey UK.J. Swatt.
"Running back? You never know," Houston coach Bill O'Brien said, seeming simultaneously annoyed and amused. "You just never know ... you might see Arian Foster at safety. You might see J.J. Watt at running back. You may see Andre Johnson at linebacker. You never know."
Watt is diligent about his diet and training regimen and laments that he can't indulge in beloved Wisconsin staples like bratwurst and cheese curds, or even drink beer, because it could alter the body he's worked so hard to perfect.
Bills defensive end Jarius Wynn agreed.
"You do have to keep an eye on where 99 is," Luck added. "He's ... one of the best, if not the best, defensive players in the league."
He swats passes, he sacks quarterbacks. He mugs for TV viewers, he dances for the fans.
"He is intrinsically motivated more than anyone else I know in my life," Jannsen said. "He's not motivated by money. He's not motivated by fame. He prides himself on being the best that he can be ... there's no amount of money that's going to make him different because of who he is."
"No, not right now," he said. "Just football."
Watt still uses some of those tips and said he doesn't even glance at offensive linemen when he's rushing.
Another byproduct of his burgeoning fame, which has been intensified by commercials where he hawks everything from cellphones to pickup trucks, is that Houston's most eligible bachelor can't date like an average 20-something.  He worries about "who really wants you for you and who wants you for the fame," and relies on setups from his small, trusted circle of friends and family.
Those who know him best say luck has little to do with Watt's success. Jannsen, who grew up with Watt in Pewaukee, Wisconsin, and lived with him this offseason,NCAA Basketball Jerseys, has had a front row seat to Watt's years of hard work and dedication.
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-7-1 13:01:22 | 顯示全部樓層

Nike Air Max 2018 Shoes

"In some ways," he said, "you have to play yourself out of that, and I think I did."
Antonio Andrews had a short touchdown run late in the first half for the Titans.
Enough to solidify the starting job with the Chiefs, where Smith has flourished in coach Andy Reid's West Coast offense. He was 16 of 18 for 171 yards and two touchdowns in less than a half against Tennessee, almost certainly his final tuneup before the regular season.
"We have everything we need to do the things we want to achieve this year,Nike Air Force One Shoes Women," Maclin said. "It all starts with the guy under center and we have all the faith in the world in him."
Some observations from the game:
Chiefs: CBs Marcus Peters and Philip Gaines started together while Sean Smith stares at a three-game suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.
Meanwhile, Mariota misfired on his first three throws before completing seven of his last eight attempts. He threw for 99 yards while playing the entire first half.
The Titans, still trying to settle on an offensive line, struggled to move the ball on the ground. Bishop Sankey ran six times for just 17 yards, while former Chiefs wide receiver Dexter McCluster at least managed to move the chains when he got a handful of carries.
Chiefs: WR Albert Wilson hurt his left shoulder early in the game. There was no word on the injury, though he was favoring it in the locker room afterward.
He was in a similar position in San Francisco a decade ago,Air Max 90 Black And White Womens.
Chiefs: "I was way too juiced up." — Murray on his interception.
QUOTABLE
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The Chiefs' Alex Smith knows exactly how much weight Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota feels as the first-round pick tries to turn around the fortunes of Tennessee.
INJURY UPDATE
Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles, who played 10 snaps total the first two preseason games, carried three times for 26 yards and caught two passes for 15 yards. Jeremy Maclin hauled in seven catches for 65 yards, including a 29-yard touchdown grab that made it 7-0.
By that point, starters and backups had mostly finished their dress rehearsals.
The game was called with 3 minutes, 50 seconds remaining after thunder rumbled and lightning streaked across the sky. Heavy rains had turned one end zone into a lake.
Titans: Third-round pick Jeremiah Poutasi fared well at RT, even though he lined up against Houston most of the time,Jose Calderon Jersey, perhaps cementing the starting job.
Travis Kelce also caught a touchdown pass for Kansas City, while All-Pro linebacker Justin Houston had his first sack of the preseason when he tracked down Mariota before halftime.
"For me, it was battling the anxiety of being the top pick and justifying that, and that's what I fought for so long,Nike Air Max Zero Mens, and it took me a while," Smith said shortly after leading Kansas City to a weather-shortened 34-10 victory over the Titans on Friday night.
Titans: S Da'Norris Searcy left with a knee injury in the first half. The Titans' defense was already without DT Sammie Hill (knee), CB Jason McCourty (groin) and DE DaQuan Jones (leg).

"Kansas City has a very good defense, and for us to be able to score points against them, it says a lot about where we have come from," Mariota said. "A lot of it we can still improve."
Chiefs: WR Chris Conley, the Chiefs' third-round pick, had three catches for 30 yards.
POSITION BATTLES
"Obviously we didn't start the way we wanted to. A lot of it was because of mistakes we made," Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "There were too many penalties,Air Max 98 Gundam Release Date, we fumbled the ball one time,Nike Shox Gravity, we jumped offsides and we missed tackles. Those are the things you can't do."
Titans: Poutasi started at RT because Byron Bell moved to LG in place of Andy Levitre, who had been ineffective. That could be the starting unit in the opener against Tampa Bay.
Aaron Murray took over late in the first half and wound up throwing for 146 yards and two touchdowns with an interception, while backup Chase Daniel got the night off for KC.
ROOKIE WATCH
Zach Mettenberger, who had played so well for Tennessee that some have wondered whether he'll be traded, took over to start the second half. He was 3 of 11 for 38 yards.
Titans: "Where the game was, it didn't make any sense to go back out there." — Whisenhunt on the officials' decision to call the game early.
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 07:59 , Processed in 0.096157 second(s), 27 queries .