10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-2-4 11:41:42 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
While there are countless persons who leave Guyana with no intention of returning, there are still those like Lancelot Bacchus who migrate with the hope of making it big, and one day returning to help in their country’s development.He grew up in a humble South Ruimveldt home where he took up jobs from an early age, after which he took up the opportunity, and migrated to the United States of America about 20 years ago.His aim was to build for himself the famous “American Dream”; this for him entailed owning his own home, and having the freedom to buy what he wanted without having to worry about credit plans or where he was going to get the money to pay for his purchases.Unlike many,Pierre Turgeon Jersey, Bacchus said that one of his ultimate goals was to come back and share that “American Dream” with his fellow Guyanese, since Guyana was always a major factor in his life.Bacchus, during a recent interview, said that he started off working at a small printery.Shortly after, he got into construction and began working with a contractor who bought, refurbished and sold houses.He said that before he knew it, he had developed into a “pro”, and was preparing to venture off on his own. With much hard work, he was able to reach that goal.His work continued even as he got married and struggled to maintain a family that contained his wife and two children.Bacchus has been in construction for about 20 years. His wife worked in the hospitality industry in the USA.“My wife worked at the Hilton, Marriot and some of the biggest hotels and restaurants over there”.He added that shortly after marriage,Jonathan Toews Jersey, he and his wife realized their dream of wanting to open a hotel and restaurant here in Guyana. It has been something that they have been working towards for many years,Josh Harding Jersey, Bacchus said.And after toiling “excessively” for many years,Auston Matthews Team North America Jersey, Mr. Bacchus was able to purchase the lot at 43 Hadfield Street, Georgetown property.But unfortunately, the land that he had bought was left unoccupied for about nine years until he could afford to start building his ultimate dream- a hotel and restaurant.With the strong backing from his family, Bacchus held his breath and invested US $1M into the construction of ‘Millennium Manor- Hotel, Banquet Hall, and Lounge’,Mikael Granlund Jersey, an official launching of which was done earlier this month.After spending 20 years in the US, Bacchus is now back home with the intention of creating employment, and assist in the tourism and hospitality industry.Mr. and Mrs. Bacchus with Ministers Irfaan Ali and Robeson BennBacchus explained that the risk of going into the hospitality business is based entirely on his wife’s overwhelming knowledge of that field.“My wife has been in the hospitality industry in America for about 20 years,Jason Zucker Jersey, and she knows everything about hotels and restaurants and so forth.”Bacchus added that while he was the “boss” for the architectural work, it was his wife who designed the interior of the building.It is the tall building located next to ‘Car Care’ going East of Hadfield Street. It has 15 air-conditioned rooms, including two suites; a roof top Lounge area with waitresses and a bartender; a Banquet Hall which could accommodate about 200 persons. Bacchus said that the Hall has an in-house Disk Jockey, caterers, and waitresses. It has an employment number of 12 persons.Bacchus expects that customers would start “flowing” during next week.The 45-year-old man told Kaieteur News that he is extremely hopeful that his business would generate profits and that if this does not happen anytime soon, the business would never be a regret, but rather, a hope for the future generations of his family.“If I don’t see the benefits now, I am sure my children will, and my children’s children, and their children,Alex Goligoski Jersey, so yeah,Stan Mikita Jersey, it is something that I would not regret”.The man noted that growing up with a single mother who struggled to take care of him and his three siblings, has made him extremely proud of what he has been able to achieve thus far.He said that despite many people venturing off to accomplish similar endeavors, not many of them can say that they have come close to what he and his family have accomplished.“It took a lot of motivation,Brandon Saad Jersey, and after my wife and I realized that we wanted the same thing, that itself became our motivation.”
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-11 12:22 , Processed in 0.072287 second(s), 28 queries .